Astros Busted! Red Sox Next?!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Texicaster, Jan 13, 2020.

1. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

With all due respect, it was a self assassination. I just pointed to it.

You said using the live TV feed to catch the signs, and then signal them to the batters was okay. It's not okay. It's cheating. Just as using telescopes from the stands and then signaling the batters with a hat or something is cheating. If you're going to cheat, you should not even be in the game.

MickM likes this.
  2. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

Stock Car Racing has more cheaters than any other sport! Possibly more than all other sports combined!

Strato50 likes this.
  3. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

The point is they all cheat. The telescope thing goes back to the beginning how do you know any of the teams are not cheating and haven’t been caught? And me voicing my opinion is just that. Not everything that is done higher up is right if that were the case the Patriots would have been kicked out of the league. If MLB is serious then all teams would be guilty of some violations. If you don’t think that true I don’t know what to tell you.

4. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm not naive, I know a lot of other teams cheat too, but when we catch them red-handed like this they should be severely punished and made an example of, not excused. That's the only way you're going to begin to eliminate it.

5. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Weighing in from Red Sox country here, yes Cora's gonna get nailed - heavy suspension or whacked entirely - and deserves it after getting all that glory for winning the WS as a first-year manager ... too bad to see that immediate respect and admiration go down the tubes, ah well, next! The question now is how fast the Sox brass will act, following and depending on MLB's decision, or even before that if they want to make a real statement.

6. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

No, that's just what cheaters say when they get caught, "Everyone else is doing it." It's a load of road apples...

7. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Maybe the Yankees should give up their 1996, 1998, 1999 & 2000 World Series titles since 8 members of their 25 man roster, including their two best starting pitchers, were named as steroid users in the Mitchell report.... but I doubt that would happen being it’s the Yankees.

8. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Apples you say? More like let’s make an example of the lowly Astro’s.

9. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Rotten stink coming from Minutemaid between this and the Osuna/Asst GM fiasco. Has to be a bummer for the fans to have all those good feelings stained. I can see why so many of them have lashed out (and still are) emotionally, but it does make them look a little silly.

Hinch at least took it like a man in his parting statement, but will always be a turd in my eyes with the way he talked down to people stating the obvious before the proof was out there. The GM did the equivalent of a captain bailing off a sinking ship by blaming everyone but himself.

Hundreds of millions of dollars at stake for orgs that win the WS and Houston reaped some major benefits from cheating. Careers on the field and off were built and damaged. To be succinct - screw them and I hope anybody involved doesn’t ever work in the game again.

Chip likes this.
  10. Chip

Chip Friend of Leo's

Who's going to manage the American League in the All-Star Game?

11. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Same for all the roid users. Right?

12. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Kudos to Cora on that.

13. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Yeah, everyone knew what Mariano Rivera was going to throw, too. Certainly didn't matter.

getbent likes this.
  14. Chip

Chip Friend of Leo's

Yes

15. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sure, but what does that have to do with this?

16. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

Don't worry, the Red Sox are next. I'm a Boston fan, but I say it's about time. The Astros are by no means the only ones doing it, but that doesn't mean everyone is. Punish the ones that get caught hard enough that everyone in the league takes notice. I wish they'd hammer the players, too.

17. Chip

Chip Friend of Leo's

and Nolan Ryan

lammie200 likes this.
  18. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

While I agree with this it's kinda strange to say it's OK for guy on 2nd to steal signs.....

Steal signs for a bunt.... or a steal of a base...

Any one else notice that since the advent of the portable electronic era HR's have increased dramatically?! Oh yea it was the ball! :D Right! Teams now have multiple 30+ HR hitters! What I'm to believe is the Astros with all their cheating was still #3 behind Twins and Yankees who didn't cheat? Yanks Gio Urshela clubbed 21 to nearly triple his career total! But it was THE ball.....Brett Gardner, at 35, hit most HR's of his career.... The TWINS broke the all time HR single season record! All season long we we're tripping on the numbers!

But it was the ball.....

For sale: Slightly used bridge in Brooklyn....

Strato50 likes this.
  19. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

hey, I have Bonds. No glass house here. But, your Saints got HUGE suspensions for doing things against the rules AND they admitted it... they survived. Your Astro(isks*) owner ADMITTED that his team was guilty and that they cheated. He admitted it on tv. The guy who owns the team that plays in a stadium that used to be called Enron Field... in a state with Baylor and SMU... all completely guilty and totally caught and accepted their punishments.

The difference is just accepting the truth and not trying to wiggle out of it. Own it and you can at least get clean. That is what Jim Crane is trying to do.

Average_Joe likes this.
  20. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

see, even in tragedy, there is joy!

Skully likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.