Astros Busted! Red Sox Next?!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Texicaster, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

I can see why they can not go after every player involved but there is no way Carlos Beltran should be allowed to manage a team!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Strato50 likes this.
  2. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

I don't know that stealing signs is a real transgression? If my opponent speaks another language, and they are smart enough to speak theirs AND learn and speak mine, I'd say they 1) worked harder, 2) achieved more, and 3) are superior in knowledge. To combat that, I might teach my team a third language - another set of signs. BTW, sign stealing is how the allies won WWII. Sometimes, its arrogance or laziness, not stealing that is in play.

3. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

I'm with you on this.

I remember a football play from I think '85: it was the Bears against some hapless team. Mike Singletary pointed to the H-back across the line of scrimmage and told him when he was going to go in motion, where he was going to go to and where the run play was going to go, and he blew UP the ball carrier. Different sport, but you see what I mean: it's settled on the field. If the guys on the field figure it out, that's unfortunate for someone, but it's within the bounds of propriety in sport.

But when the home team reply booth guys get involved, that's out of bounds man!

4. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

So they used the TV camera feed we all see live? That’s not cheating. Hell they used to have a guy in the stands with a telescope signal down the signs. This wreaks of BS to me.

f69tele likes this.
  5. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Yu Darvish too. He got lit up in Houston despite having good stuff. It was reported that an unnamed Houston player said that he had been tipping his pitches. Darvish was public enemy #1 in LA for a month and not re-signed by LA.

6. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

Has there been a report on the extent of it?

Was it every pitch every player? Judging by the only video I saw it was quite primitive and quickly caught.

MLB needs to spell this out.I just cancelled my $20 a year MLB app in protest...big deal I know but until I leanr more I'll be taking a break with my wallet...

f69tele likes this.
  7. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

Now I am not 100% sure of how they were stealing the signs but from what I have heard they had a live feed that was projected on a monitor in the clubhouse. That would be cheating.

If a runner gets on second base and steals a sign then that is one thing. But having a camera specifically pointed at the catcher to steal the signs.

8. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

So you live in Texas, eh?

Chip and getbent like this.
  9. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

nope.

there is a rule against what they did. it is clear and understood and it was violated by the astros.
    the bs you are smelling is just your fingers touching your nose.

fendertx and Texicaster like this.
  10. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity

Jason Varitek could be Cora's replacement.

11. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

Some are saying not as bad as gambling or 'roids. I think both of those are worse as there's no way to counter act.

'Roids... every pitch, every swing is influenced 100%. Barry Bonds ring any bells? Everyone KNEW and nothing you could do...

Gambling, just much more insidious as it becomes a venture what with debt and gambling addictions and organized crime.

Stealing signs? Mix it up ONCE Fast ball up and in when the sign is slider low and away and it's done!

So far it's been swept under the rug, no in depth reports.... which actually indicates it was MUCH more widespread and more difficult to address. The way it's played out with technology being what it is I have a feeling the 'Stros were one of the least cheaters due to the caveman approach. $200 gets you hidden silent in ear haptics....or an in pocket buzzer...

Remember the evidence so far was banging trash cans and busted in 2 pitches!!!!!!! I can not fathom how this kept going for 2-3 seasons...

Damage controls demands you swat the most obvious to make a message clear.

fendertx and Strato50 like this.
  12. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

okay let’s wait and see how you feel buddy when it’s your team. Keyboard warrior.

13. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Yeah come on down sometime. The music is good and the weather ain’t bad unless your made of sugar.

14. Skully

Funny... It was my team this time. The one your team cheated out of a World Series victory.

getbent and Chip like this.
  15. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

That explains it.

16. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That's right, all of this in context really paints a different picture of what kind of team the Dodgers were. I still think the entire Astros team should be suspended for a year, and it looks like the Red Sox should be as well. Cheaters suck!

17. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Thank you for fully revealing your character here. Or lack of.

18. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Does it matter ?Do you think you know me from a guitar forum ? I’m sure we could debate this in person just fine. Maybe even change each others minds a bit. But coming here is not where I go to have character assessments done.

19. daddyplaysbass

daddyplaysbass Tele-Holic

It's just a Game. Only "Sports" are Mountain Climbing, Bull Fighting and Stock Car Racing - everything else is just a game.

20. Skully

That and the facts, yeah.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.