1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Assuming we have concerts this summer...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by markal, Apr 11, 2021.

1. markal

markal Tele-Afflicted

Who are you most looking forward to seeing? It’s been a long year for many reasons, and not seeing (or playing) live music, in person, is one thing I miss the most.

I’d like to see Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit and Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats.

Stubee, Roscoe295, 985plowboy and 2 others like this.
  2. Lucius Paisley

Lucius Paisley Tele-Afflicted

You. IN HELL.

But seriously... no idea.

3. hnryclay

hnryclay Tele-Meister

Tedeschi Trucks, would love to catch them live.

4. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

I don’t know. Last show I saw was the Allman, Betts and Oakley kids. They were really good.

So maybe Captain Beyond.

Greggorios and RyCo1983 like this.
  5. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

Even before all this, I’d pretty much put concert-going behind me. It would have to someone pretty special to get me back in the venue, and those are two of the top three candidates to do it. The other is SCOTS. They never tour up this way, but if they came anywhere close, I’d be there in a shot.

6. Harbinger77

Harbinger77 Tele-Meister

I’m gonna wait awhile, only because many concert experiences will likely be be made less enjoyable with all the lines, masking, distancing... not worth it.

uriah1 likes this.
  7. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

We were supposed to see "Hall and Oates" last year. I am hoping we can still see them later this year.

Greggorios likes this.
  8. loopfinding

loopfinding Friend of Leo's

We won’t be vaccinated successfully here in Spain until September. No summer for us.

Otherwise I’m not entirely sure. I’d like to go out clubbing again and not have to worry about dying. The only bands I’ve been interested in seeing as of late are either from Japan or France and I don’t think touring is happening for anyone anytime soon.

northernguitar and Jakedog like this.
  9. markal

markal Tele-Afflicted

Holy crap. We live in CO and usually go to Red Rocks two or three times a year, except last year. Jason Isbell is coming to Red Rocks (assuming COVID doesn’t disrupt), and the opening act is Lucinda Williams. Great show! So after posting this thread, I decided to buy tickets. But they’re only allowing 2500 people, which is probably 25% capacity. Tickets in the lower sections are almost $500 each. Even the nose bleed seats are $183. Usually I think they’re about $100 for the mid sections and maybe $50 or $60 for the upper sections. I get it - if they run lower capacity, they gotta cover costs and the artists have to earn a living. But, man, I might have to wait till 2022. Sigh.

Jakedog likes this.
  10. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

About the only concerts I would go to regularly every year were during the local county fair. They always had a couple good acts I wanted to see, and I'd always make it a point to go to one or two of them each fair season. Been a couple years now. I didn't go in 2019 just because I was busy, then of course 2020 was cancelled.

I expected the ticket prices to be greatly inflated because capacity is going to be so low. A beer is probably going to cost about $30. Probably won't be this year for me, hopefully by next year we'll be past all this.

11. markal

markal Tele-Afflicted

I’ve seen Rateliff several times, a few times before he had this band, and once with the Night Sweats. Always a great performance. Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit was one of the best concerts I’ve ever seen. They really leave it all out there.

Dan German and RyCo1983 like this.
  12. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I have tix for Wilco/Sleater-Kinney from last August's postponed show, for this August .... no word yet on whether it will happen. It's at a large outdoor area so, who knows .... including whether we'll want to go if it does.

Greggorios likes this.
  13. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

We've got tickets for Rammstein in September (re-sched from last October) and Ministry/KMFDM (re-scheduled twice already). Hopefully both of those shows happen.

Otherwise, I'd like to see Frank Turner again. And Cheap Trick. They just dropped a new album, so they'll be out on the road again ASAP.

- D

basher and northernguitar like this.
  14. Rockhead

Rockhead Tele-Meister

Even before covid I rarely went to concerts. Tickets were too damn expensive then. Can't imagine what they'll cost now!

Dan German likes this.
  15. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Samantha Fish, I have tickets for the Troubador in LA which is postponed. I can swap them for another concert since I am moving out of LA. Cool. I had tickets for Larkin Poe at the Fonda in LA and that was cancelled. Refunded already. But I have met the sisters and they are so cool I want to see them again this summer and I am moving closer to their home territory.

16. MikeBee

MikeBee TDPRI Member

We are getting a new music venue here. Late summer is expected opening. About 1000 capacity. Hope it gets enough support to keep it open. Another venue had been getting touring acts stopping in on their way North or South, of course that has been dead for a year now. 4 summer concerts planned for downtown this summer, 3 country, 1 R&R.

17. black_doug

black_doug Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

In Canada we’re also slow in getting the vaccine. I’m not sure we’ll have any concerts before the fall.

northernguitar likes this.
  18. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Local concerts have been happening for a while. I can't say that I miss big crowds and big events, so it won't hurt my feelings to forgo that experience. Isbell in a small setting, or outdoor field setting would be good.

19. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

Manchester orchestra mostly... most of the bands I’m interest in seeing, I’ve either seen a few times already or they quit touring even before the happening. I’d love to catch the Scorpions residency in Vegas.

20. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Yes! Al's getting a bit long in the fang tooth he's sporting. All new band lineup is just strange the recent vids I've seen. Still... both those together again.

I hope Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds re schedules as soon as it's safe. They were scheduled nearby last Sept.

I'm not holding my breath. Vaccines or not, people just arent participating.

StrangerNY likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.