Aside from winding those great Cavalier pickups ...

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
Rob DiStefano is a good man. Helped me out of a bind with a noisy tele. Which is no longer noisy. And best of all, it now has Rob's Lion King in the neck and a Nashville in the bridge.

I've been wanting to try Rob's pickups for years. The opportunity came with this Fender Deluxe telecaster thinline. The one with noiseless p/us. (They weren't.) Rob's p/us are a huge upgrade. A long home run of an upgrade. Big sound in all positions, twangy and fat at the same time. I usually stay on the neck only spot. On this guitar, with these p/us, middle position could be the star. Not thin or quiet. A beautiful sound.

I love these pickups! It was worth the wait. Thanks again Rob. You did me a solid.

Last edited:

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Rob is a great guy. Awesome pickup winder. Builder of epic partscasters. And a solid sender all the way down the line. Big fan of him and his pickups. He's also an asset to this forum with the knowledge he freely shares from his years of experience.

SPUDCASTER

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Rob always steered me in the right direction to what the project needed. We're lucky to have a great resource like him here.

Love the Lion King neck pickup. Would like to try the Lion King tapped sometime.

I have an SRV Tiger neck pickup and a Fat/Bakersfield bridge pickup combo that's magic.

Rob is an artist.

kLyon

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
Just because I like adding to any Cavalier thread, here's a story: I turned a good friend in Moscow (one of the top players in a big city with a lot of great players) onto Rob's pickups a couple of years ago, and now he can't get enough of them; I was always bringing them over and got one to him right when the war started (and I had a hard time getting out, but that's another story...)