Ashtray bridges are best and most comfortable

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
I said what I said....

And so it is.
I beg to disagree.
However(and it's a big however)... The biggest "Telecaster hurdle" to overcome is the ashtray bridge but
my victory would be hollow if the bridge type was something else. No... for me it needs to be an ashtray bridge
because it most definitely is not comfortable.

TL;DR - I disagree but given a choice, I still wouldn't have any other bridge on a Telecaster! :cool:

sloppychops

Friend of Leo's
I vaguely remember when I first tried a Telecaster that the bridge felt "in the way." I'm no longer even aware of it being there.

The Telecaster requires you to be more precise and for me, as a fingers only player, that includes my right hand position and the way my fingers pluck and strum.

ABetterTelePlayer

TDPRI Member
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I myself have never felt uncomfortable or a "sharp edge" or any pain while playing an ashtray bridge. Perhaps it's a style thing or the way you learned to pick but most big time country artists (classic Country music and MODERN country) prefer ashtray bridges with the prongs sticking out.

oatsoda

Tele-Holic
The one I started on was actually a 1977 Ibanez challenger tele copy. Beautiful ash with clear poly finish, white pick guard, and of course it had the chrome ash tray on the bridge. Was my dad‘s but he never played electric much.

wish I still had it.