1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

As a long term Strat guy, what attracts you to the Tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by FluffyDog6, Jan 3, 2017.

1. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

I don't know who told you I was a long term Strat guy. I like both.

2. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Tele-Meister

I played strats through my 20's, les pauls through my 30's, and now teles through my 40's. For me, the tele is like a strat and a les paul had a perfect offspring. I like the combination of the weight with single coils.

3. AlexEP

AlexEP Tele-Meister

Tele is more powerful than my strats (although I have a SD SSL-5 in both bridges) and, incredibly, is better for arpeggios (central switch). Killer guitar

4. teleNtweed

teleNtweed Tele-Holic

I am far more adventurous on my Tele than with any other guitar. I love to plug it strait in and see where it takes me. It requires me to "wring" sounds out that I can then take to other models. But give me a Tele and a Tweed amp and let me be, I'm good!!

I seem to be more of a player on the Tele than my other guitars, who really knows why, sometimes you just have to say, "Yep, I likes it!!"

KB11 likes this.
  5. KB11

KB11 TDPRI Member

Answer no 2.
    I've been thinking about this a lot. The Tele appeals to me because it doesn't have a vibrato arm, and therefore is so much more stable in the tuning dept. I also think hardtail starts sound the best of all the strats.
    I like the way the Tele hangs on a strap better. My picking hand doesn't bang into the switch on a Tele.
    Then there's the sound, the only sound I really like on a strat is the neck pickup. On the Tele I like the bridge and both pickups combined. So two good tones is better than one.

6. the velvet catfish

the velvet catfish Tele-Meister

Because it has split personalities... twang in the back and Blues up front.

(Not that Blues doesn't come from the back either)

Oh... and the front can also do Jazz and swing.. someone once told a Tele isn't versatile and he prefers a strat with coil splits and humbuckers. I gave him this look.

[​IMG]

7. Stingfan73

Stingfan73 Tele-Afflicted

Being a Fender that is similar enough... and also different enough.

8. TheletterJ

TheletterJ Tele-Afflicted

Teles feel more natural to hold while standing to me. I LOVE Strats but I always block the trems on them - the string through hard tail Tele design eliminates the "useless" trem system from the occasion. I also like the simplicity of a Tele and the way I have something to rest my right pinky on while flatpicking. That little ashtray bridge is the perfect placement.

At this stage in life I feel like I need both a Strat and a Tele. A Strat for positions 4 and 5, and a Tele for everything else.

KB11 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.