Arthritis

zimbo

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Once you get to the point where the dr says you need a joint replacement I don't think the OTC meds like MSM etc help at all.

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Smoke the cannabis, it helps.
Check out my post a couple back. My 70 year-old brother consumes the gummies (with THC). He says they have the same effect as smoking cannabis and work for him. He's never been a smoker other than recreational cannabis smoking in his youth. He didn't want to smoke cannabis so he tried the gummies and he's sold on them. They come in different strengths.

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Arthritis is my biggest fear, other than cutting my fingers off (Chef). I have heard copper bracelets are good to wear, and I do wear them. My Dad had arthritis pretty bad.
I made a bracelet and a couple of rings. Jury's still out on whether they work or not but I'll try anything. I've had 10 grams of legal cannabis in the freezer for several years on standby. I'm not a smoker and I don't like the sensation of being stoned.
Nor do I want to use Vioxx, Celebrex et cetera.
I've been busy building a new fence so it has aggravated the pain in the joints in my fingers. Once I've finished, the pain should subside. Still able to play though.
6B056764-E013-4479-B997-E7F17C575D9D.jpeg

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
I made a bracelet and a couple of rings. Jury's still out on whether they work or not but I'll try anything. I've had 10 grams of legal cannabis in the freezer for several years on standby. I'm not a smoker and I don't like the sensation of being stoned.
Nor do I want to use Vioxx, Celebrex et cetera.
I've been busy building a new fence so it has aggravated the pain in the joints in my fingers. Once I've finished, the pain should subside. Still able to play though. View attachment 1006659

Remember, arthritis is a degenerative disease. I, reluctantly, now pay others to do that kind of work for me. Knowing I'd rather wear out the last of my fingers on guitar, than a fence, or cutting down trees, etc. I do still mow the lawn but only because it's self propelled and electric start. Two years ago I helped a friend build a staircase for my 84 year old sister. I lost range of motion, and it has never returned..... I'm done....

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I'm glad you were able to get a diagnosis...I have not been able to achieve that other than ruling out RA. Nothing tests out positive. So I manage it with OTC stuff.