Arthritis

Toadtele

Friend of Leo's
Hang in there. Therapy can help a lot. I don’t mean to sound corny, but you will appreciate the guitar time you will have more now.
Best of luck.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
Glad to hear there may be help for you.
I have some form of arthritis but they can't give me anything because of all my heart medications.
Apparently a rumatologist take months (now years) to get in to see.

kuch

Tele-Afflicted
sorry to hear of your arthritis prognosis. Hope the meds do their work and yes, physical therapy usually does help.
I've heard of people getting relief from some alternative methods like acupunture and herbal concoctions.
Hope you can get back to jammin' soon :)
take care

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Osteo variety here and there ain’t a damn thing they can do for me!

Not an inflammatory condition but damages that got me arthritis also got me various tendencies to inflammation, so I consume all sorts of non drug anti inflammatory compounds like fish oil, curcumin, EVOO, garlic, I think hot peppers have a compound and I forget what else.

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
I hope the meds do ya well MisterZ. I know they can help.

I was tested for every type of arthritis + Lyme disease due to various issues and the rheumatologist said “the good news is you don’t have rheumatoid arthritis etc, the bad news is there’s nothing to stop your OA progression”. He was right but I’m still lucky, I guess?

MisterZ

Tele-Afflicted
Glad to hear there may be help for you.
I have some form of arthritis but they can't give me anything because of all my heart medications.
Apparently a rumatologist take months (now years) to get in to see.
Yeah, I was waiting on this appointment for three months.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
I look at my dad's gnarled hands and silent violin and worry about my musical future, worry catharsis will become an island I can no longer access. He's such a grumpy old man. I can only hope it's not all genetic.

rand z

Friend of Leo's
Yes, a serious problem.

I have some arthritis in my fretting hand... from playing for 50+ years.

I massage/stretch that hand and fingers every morning for 10-15 minutes.

I also, to a lesser degree, do the same for my picking hand.

I find that it helps, greatly!

Good luck!

imo.

Robert H.

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I have osteoarthritis in hands feet and back. It hurts and has affected my playing - I’ve switched to a shorter scale Gibson 336 from a Tele (sometimes) - I know - sacrilege. But we have to adjust. OP - Hope you can work through it.

Gnometowner

Tele-Meister
Living in Oklahoma, I have a cannabis card. We make our own joint rub with like 1/4lb of good bud infused into coconut oil in my rice cooker, easy to make, put ground up bud into a stocking hosery footie and soak it for 4hr in hot coconut oil. Keeps good in the fridge.
Last batch I made haď some bud that was 1:1 CBD & THC, it really works good

Dik Ellis

Tele-Holic
Arthritis is my biggest fear, other than cutting my fingers off (Chef). I have heard copper bracelets are good to wear, and I do wear them. My Dad had arthritis pretty bad.

Weazel

Tele-Afflicted
I have PA (got diagnosed 2002). I tried the methotrexate for a period of 8 months, but I had to quit because of the nausea lasting for days after taking a tiny pill once a week.

Since then, I have had some bad periods, but also long periods without symptoms at all (except the psoriasis part, of course)

I usually get a visit from Mr. Arthritis in one or two joints at a time. These days, It is kinda bad: Left knee, left root of the index inger, right root of thumb. I also have developed some detoriation in my right wrist, and the fingers mentioned.

The unwanted visitor usually goes away after a period of 2 - 8 weeks, and then I forget about him.

The only remedies I use now a days are an assortment of orthosises (orthosi?) and short periods of heavy painkillers.