ART Power Plant

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Brad, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Brad

Brad Tele-Afflicted

anyone use one of these? I picked one up cheap at a pawn shop a few months ago. I haven't really used it since I have no use for it, but I could not pass it up for the price. The order has come down at our church to go ampless ( I've been dreading this ) and I'm wondering if I should continue to use my pedal board ( since I'm used to that sound ) and run it into the power plant then to the board, or....just use my V-Amp and dolf the pedal board.

I'll try each one to see what serves me better, but I want to know if anyone has experience with this. We have a very nice in ear monitering system, but I'm so used to getting my tone from my amp, it's going to be a hard change!

Right now, one guitar and the bass are going direct and using the in ear system. Another guitar player and myself are still using amps, but we are mic's. The problem is the other guitar and bass ( going direct ) are so hot in the floor moniter mix, that we wind up truning up to hear ourselves and that blows the mix. So, it's time for all of us to be on the same page.

2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I've used a Carvin Quad-X preamp direct into the PA for some gigs. It works pretty well. I used to sell ART products and I thought the Power Plant was a decent unit.

3. Unburst

Unburst Tele-Meister

I have one, haven't used it in a while but it's a decent sounding unit.
    One thing I remember is that the clean channel doesn't go through the speaker sim so if you use a pedal on that channel it's fizz city.

The overdrive is ok and you can tailor it with an eq contour control.

4. Brad

Brad Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for the info!

I used it last night..while the clean sounded OK, as soon as I hit the Direct Drive, it was mosquitos is heat time! What an awlful sound. I'll keep trying!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.