Arlington Guitar Show pics 2021

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I had an LP Junior. They’re fun, not like playing a Gibson….they’re light and not overbuilt like other Gibsons. The size and scale length is a lot like playing the Gibson version of a fender mustang. The pickups have a gnarly skanky bite to them.

I can work with that for sure, dirty or clean.
I only bring one guitar ( all different) to a gig, and part of my own fun is just finding out what that 1 guitar will feel and sound like on a real variety of music.

There's no, " You need a Strat...Tele...Les Paul...acoustic...for that song!" with me. ( that's all in the past)
A Danelectro may play Allman Brothers, and " Folsom Prison" on an SG!. I just like to fool around.

To quote Bill Murray in Meatballs:
" It just doesn't matter!!"

The LP Special would be a fun addition as I have no P-90 guitar, and have always thought these were simple/beautiful

Telekarster

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Don't know if you noticed it, but one of the pics has a late 60's SG Melody Maker in blue with a price tag of about $4K. I can remember walking in a pawn shop when I was in high school and they had 5 or 6 of those hanging on the wall in various colors for probably a couple hundred a piece. Couldn't give them away. It's crazy to think about.

Yes.... I did notice and man you're not kidding! Wow.... Couldn't hardly give em away. The weekly classifieds were literally full of em every week too. 2-300 bucks, your choice of year LOL!!! Who knew! I know I sure didn't ;)

57joonya

Tele-Holic
This is amazing! Thanks for documenting so much cool stuff.

I have a question- there's an Esquire pictured that that's an odd hue; is it Shell Pink? If so, it must surely be a refin, no?
That esquire really caught my eye too , and was beckoning me . Looked original or old refin

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Thank you! Wow. Almost like I was there ;) What a collection of vintage stuff! The prices though.... oye... to think of the gear I passed on back in the day cause it was beat up... o_O
I remember the first guitar show I ever went to (back in 1989), had so many 70’s Fenders—especially the Telecasters, Customs, Thinlines and Deluxes—that people looked down their nose at…I actually liked them, but I allowed the guy who was guiding me on equipment at that time to influence me to pass them by…

I don’t think any of them cost more than $350

Telekarster

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I remember the first guitar show I ever went to (back in 1989), had so many 70’s Fenders—especially the Telecasters, Customs, Thinlines and Deluxes—that people looked down their nose at…I actually liked them, but I allowed the guy who was guiding me on equipment at that time to influence me to pass them by…

Yep, that sounds about right! As late as the year 1999 I could've bought a mint condition 1958 LP Jr., still in its original case with all the candy, off a co-worker (who was the original owner) for 900 bucks, and I nearly laughed at him when he told me what he wanted for it. Just as was my thought back in the day, it was a "beginner guitar" and not worth that sort of $ LOL!!! I still don't think they're worth that, but it's like the old saying goes "it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it" Well.... people are paying handsomely for em today so, guess the laugh is on me :lol::eek:o_O

dannyh

Friend of Leo's

One of the first shows I went to in the mid 80s, I bought a refined (stripped and lacquered natural) 64 Strat with the original blonde case. $750. Times have changed.

57joonya

Tele-Holic
I can work with that for sure, dirty or clean.
I only bring one guitar ( all different) to a gig, and part of my own fun is just finding out what that 1 guitar will feel and sound like on a real variety of music.

There's no, " You need a Strat...Tele...Les Paul...acoustic...for that song!" with me. ( that's all in the past)
A Danelectro may play Allman Brothers, and " Folsom Prison" on an SG!. I just like to fool around.

To quote Bill Murray in Meatballs:
" It just doesn't matter!!"

The LP Special would be a fun addition as I have no P-90 guitar, and have always thought these were simple/beautiful
For sure ? To all of the above