Arlington Guitar Show pics 2021

deytookerjaabs

Friend of Leo's
Nice but who is going to buy all that stuff? Not the next generation. A lot of these collectors are going to get stuck holding the bag.

Maybe, maybe not. Guitar collecting is cheap compared other hobbies of mass wealth, age might be a factor in widespread interest but you only need a few younger folks with super-yacht pockets to get into the game to drive prices to oblivion.

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
Great pics dannyh and thanks for posting. Almost feel like I've been around the show with you.

Over here in Brum we have, supposedly, the largest (National) Guitar show in the country, next one after a 2 year hiatus is the end of Feb. next year. However, there will be a tiny fraction of the antique/verified older models on offer.

Was all that gear just what's on offer within Texas? Or, will the same gear/dealers crop up in the next state(s) or, as a rule, is each state's show unique?

a lot of these dealers go to various shows, there’s still a pretty big vintage guitar community in Texas, and a lot of the dealers were from here, but they travel all over. Some of these guys have been showing some of these same guitars around the country (maybe the world?) for years.

Dana Rudd

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't know what to do if I saw so many old original pieces like that.

Do they actually get those prices they have posted?

hdvades

Tele-Afflicted
+1 thanks for sharing. I'd take that 1943 D-28 for 65K but alas...I don't have 65K. I liked that 1960 Blonde w/rosewood fretboard Telecaster. At least it was only 27K I think. Sweet! And that mint Champ...

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
Gibson has gotten into the relic business a little with electrics, but I’m not sure about acoustics. Never seen a Martin relic to my knowledge, but maybe someone else will have more accurate info.

that just doesn’t sound like something Martin would do…but what do I know.

More than me I’m sure!

Telekarster

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Thank you! Wow. Almost like I was there ;) What a collection of vintage stuff! The prices though.... oye... to think of the gear I passed on back in the day cause it was beat up... o_O

dannyh

Friend of Leo's
Thank you! Wow. Almost like I was there ;) What a collection of vintage stuff! The prices though.... oye... to think of the gear I passed on back in the day cause it was beat up... o_O

Don't know if you noticed it, but one of the pics has a late 60's SG Melody Maker in blue with a price tag of about $4K. I can remember walking in a pawn shop when I was in high school and they had 5 or 6 of those hanging on the wall in various colors for probably a couple hundred a piece. Couldn't give them away. It's crazy to think about.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Made my annual trip into Arlington for the Amigos Guitar Show. I won’t opine on guitar shows, just share some pics for those that might be interested…

View attachment 910246 View attachment 910245 View attachment 910244 View attachment 910243 View attachment 910242 View attachment 910241 View attachment 910240 View attachment 910239 View attachment 910238 View attachment 910237
Very cool, and expensive!
Can't tell if the SG tenor is one solid piece of wood, or several, but I just love the look of old Cherry mahogany

Last edited:

dublindave8456

TDPRI Member
Made my annual trip into Arlington for the Amigos Guitar Show. I won’t opine on guitar shows, just share some pics for those that might be interested…

View attachment 910246 View attachment 910245 View attachment 910244 View attachment 910243 View attachment 910242 View attachment 910241 View attachment 910240 View attachment 910239 View attachment 910238 View attachment 910237

thank you for putting up the great pics.....
just like being there......
there has. or will never be a show like that in Ireland !!!

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I love those yellow Les Paul Specials and the sunburst Jaguars. If you get me either one for Christmas, I won’t complain about not getting the other.

I know it's an Epi, but I'm lusting for the $399 Epi ' TV Yellow Special P-90
as a possible next electric for me.

Never played one or the real thing, but I've always felt like with the mix of all the 'old' music styles I play,
it would just be a blast to play and hear what comes out, with one of these guitars
- just based on design, components AND cool looks! ( always important!)

idjster

VERY grateful member
Silver Supporter
Thank you so much for the photos! I gave up attending shows like this when I decided I couldn't continue buying guitars and disposed of most of what I had. That doesn't mean that I don't have my own case of GAS to deal with, and your pics satisfied it really well! Thanks again!

Bryan A

Tele-Holic
I know it's an Epi, but I'm lusting for the $399 Epi ' TV Yellow Special P-90
as a possible next electric for me.

Never played one or the real thing, but I've always felt like with the mix of all the 'old' music styles I play,
it would just be a blast to play and hear what comes out, with one of these guitars
- just based on design, components AND cool looks! ( always important!)

I had an LP Junior. They’re fun, not like playing a Gibson….they’re light and not overbuilt like other Gibsons. The size and scale length is a lot like playing the Gibson version of a fender mustang. The pickups have a gnarly skanky bite to them.