Arizona -- The GRAND Canyon State CLUB!!!

Rustbucket

Poster Extraordinaire
Recently looking to get more involved in music here in the east valley. I’m more of an acoustic roots music guitarist/singer but dabble with Tele as well. Who’s up for a jam? PM’s welcome!

mistermikev

Tele-Afflicted
howdy az git fiddlers - mike v here. I grew up on the mean streets of East De Pere Wisconsin, baptized in the infamous Green Bay blues(hehe), but have been native to surprise since 07'ish. Nice to know I'm not alone afa git-fiddlin' goes.

As long as I've been here... I haven't really engaged/witnessed the local music scene. Would love any suggestions of open mics or other things worth checking out on the north west'ish side?

OlRedNeckHippy

Poster Extraordinaire
Lake Pleasant, 1982. I'm on the right, that's the guy on the left"s daughter.
3 Amigos 2.jpg

Lake Pleasant, 1998, not too long after the lake filled up from the new dam. Just over 11 pounds.
Big Bass_321x480.jpg

Rustbucket

Poster Extraordinaire
Anybody else in town catch the Isbell concert last night? It was my first time in Phoenix Symphony Hall and loved the venue.

Great show with Amanda Shires opening and sitting in for Jason’s full set on fiddle. First time I have seen him live since he went solo. Great mix of electric and acoustic playing.

He played mostly newer stuff, but did throw in a couple tunes from his DBT days.

OlRedNeckHippy

Poster Extraordinaire
Wide angle shot, taken through the windshield at 50 mph, westbound on Carefree Highway. One of those old 'disposable' cameras, developed, then scanned in.

Sunset2.jpg

ravindave_3600

Friend of Leo's
I'm in the East Valley, Mesa, Arizona area - rhythm guitar and bass player
Welcome! Haven't had many new joiners in the last four years so thanks for reviving this club. Raised in Tucson, bought my first tele in Tucson, had my first gig in Tucson, left 34 years ago but get back when I can.

Powdog

Tele-Holic
1664937769172.jpeg

I hiked Bright Angel trail from South Rim to Phantom Ranch when I was 11. Was always gonna go back and do it from the North Rim but reservations are near impossible to get.

ravindave_3600

Friend of Leo's
Have any of you been to Gabriel's Guitars in Tucson? They showed up in a search the other day and I'm wondering if it would be worth swinging by next time I'm in town.