Are you signed up to win the "Scattesquire"?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by IrishMail, Apr 2, 2009.

1. IrishMail

IrishMail Tele-Meister

Me neither (yet), but SOME-body's gonna win it! Meanwhile, watch the new 'Waterbedcaster' thread.

Good luck to all. . . .

>>> TDPRI posted:
    Quote: Originally Posted by Tele-Dave
    How are you going to determine who will get the guitar? Do you have to enter or sign up or is it going to be random of all current members?
    I haven't determined how the guitar will be award exactly. But unlike the Fundraiser there will be no donation to enter the contest.
    - - - - -
    I may have people register for it by signing up -- or I may just do it randomly out of ACTIVE members. I'll have until May to work all that out.

2. mralmostpopular

mralmostpopular Tele-Holic

I say pick randomly out of people who posted in the threads of the builds (and are still posting currently on tdpri).

Registering could cause some people to come out of the woodwork to sign up, but not be active. And by choosing randomly from "active" members, what constitutes active? One post a day, two posts a day? What if someone goes away for a week, are they not considered active? Is it only going to be those who have over 1000 posts? This could get really tricky.

Granted, they don't have to be having a contest in the first place. It's not like it's owed to anyone.

I think that setting it up the way that I'm saying would likely cut down on sour feelings. 'Cause if you just pick someone from a list of people who have a lot of posts, and someone ends up winning it who has a lot of guitars already, a lot of people are going to be very upset. But if you set it up in a way that people who participated (posting) are the ones who are eligible, I feel like those who didn't participate have nobody to blame but themselves, so the sour feeling would be cut way down (though would not be erased completely - an impossible task).

I have no idea if this would disqualify me, though. I don't remember if I posted in any of those build threads or not. And I'd sure like to have that Tele. :p

3. JPark

JPark Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, the Scattesquire is pretty shaweet. It was one of the ?4? builds I followed (I mean, there was fourteen!).

We should just leave it to Paul though (no pressure!), I'm sure whatever he decides will be good. :D

4. mralmostpopular

Yeah, no pressure bestest buddy Paul. ;)

5. chiro972

chiro972 TDPRI Member

Well I"m a new guy around here, but I followed the threads with great interest. How does one even sign up for this?

I never read the rules on the challenge, I just followed the threads. I thought the guys who built those amazing guits were just keeping them. Such a labor of love in those things, it seems a shame to give them away anyway.

6. revertigo

revertigo Tele-Meister

start a thread and let people reply to it ONCE to enter. active members can be people with over 25 posts that joined before the competion started or the thread started. give them a date they must answer by (i advise you use greenwich mean time) to reply ONCE then have the thread locked. if someone enters twice disqualify them. then randomly pick a number (i advise an internet random generator) and then the reply number that matches it is the winner. or have the people on the thread add there name to a list (in a style similar to the classic vibe owners club) and then use a randomizer to pick a name on the list at the end of the time limit, members can copy and paste the list and add their name and then the next member does the same. this maks it easier to not let anyone enter twice.

i would disagree with mralmostpopulars idea as there are people that followed it but did not post on it as they had nothing constructive to add to the thread.

edit: have tdpri sticky th thread

7. mralmostpopular

You didn't see the point, though.

Just following threads doesn't make someone an active member. There were a lot of "nice job" and "way to go" type posts in those threads. Anyone could have easily posted a comment like that as well. The whole point of TDPRI is to participate. Making the contest based on those who actually posted would encourage more posts for any similar future projects. Encouraging active participation and rewarding those who do is good thing.

8. revertigo

revertigo Tele-Meister

your right i didnt see the encouragment part of your post. i think tdpri are doing the same in the future so that is a good idea my apologies

9. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

I think that ScatterLee's entry should be audtioned off at a NAMM show to raise money to keep the TDPRI up and running. I don't know if that would be legal or feasible, but it would be a great way to showcase his talents, and help the TDPRI also. This is such a great place to learn and in his case TEACH others the joys of the creative process.

BTW - Is NAMM summer show going to be near me (NASHVILLE?) this year? They went away for a few years, but I don't know if their back for good. I just checked, and lo and behold it starts on my birthday!!
    http://www.namm.org/summer
    irthday Present anyone?!?? :lol:

10. Zmatko

Zmatko Tele-Meister

I believe TDPRI will come with the appropriate solution, with the spirit of this community.
    If there was someone just dropping in with three words in the threads it's no problem for me, atleast they're encouraging and coming up with positive attitudes.

11. XinTX

XinTX Tele-Meister

Whoever wins it will get a schweet guitar. It's a fine creative piece of work.

12. mralmostpopular

No worries.

Yep, that was exactly my point. How discouraging would a lot of building threads be if nobody ever popped in to let you know they were watching and they liked what they saw?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.