are you guys fans of the vintera tele's?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by ben smith, Oct 8, 2020.

1. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Yes - I can defininatley hear the differences in the the pickups. But I usually swap those out as almost no guitar has what I like stock. When you get into the higher priced AMs, I find I really detest the noiseless pickups. They are getting better but still don't "feel'" right to me when I play - I've heard others get incredible tones out of them, though. As such, I'll usually go for a lower or middle of the road guitar and mod to my liking, but that's just me...

ben smith and Matthias like this.
  2. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

The only noiseless pickups I have are in my Jazz Bass. Good because they're quiet when combined with shielding but I much preferred the tone of the stock Mexican pickups!

mkdaws32 likes this.
  3. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

I quite like the idea of the Vintera models in principle, and the 50s models especially going on spec. Extra especially the road worn ones I’ve only just discovered.

But, here in Japan they seem quite expensive to me. Maybe they’re not, I haven’t converted the prices,* but, I’d probably go with Fender Japan offerings. The nitro finished MIJ Heritage 50s Tele** for example, would only cost about US$50 more than what the road worn Vintera goes for here.

Pax/
    Dean

* US$1278 equiv for the 50s road worn, US$1107 equiv for the 50s modified & US$1022 equiv for regular 50s Vintera - all from Fender Japan’s site. I noticed yesterday the shops are listing the same for the road worn at least.
    ** https://shop.fender.com/ja-JP/elect...japan-heritage-50s-telecaster/5370102350.html - scroll down to the last wee link (スペック) at the bottom of the product page, above the footer, and open it to get the specs in English.

ben smith likes this.
  4. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

i have owned about 6 fender japan guitars in my time and honestly they were the best quality guitars i have ever seen or played, all were flawless in every respect. i like to think it's because honour is so highly valued in japan? i have looked but i can't seem to find the right colour with the right fretboard but i will look again. (edit) nope the right colour combination is not there for me, maple board with white/sonic blue/daphne blue is what i'm after. there is a double bound sunburst which is also very nice though but, white is what i really want with a 9.5" radius maple board vintage style bridge 21 tall narrow frets is my perfect guitar. if i could find this tokai then that is the dream guitar tokai-tte-55-e28093-full-front.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Doyle, TeleGASter and TokyoPortrait like this.
  5. mkdaws32

Two of the best guitars I played in the 80s were my MIJ Yamaha SBG500 and my buddy’s MIJ Squier Strat. It was better than my 83 MIA Strat, which never got played and I eventually sold.

ben smith likes this.
  6. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

what do you have now?

ben smith likes this.
  7. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

me? just pastscasters and a cheap harley benton. recently was given a squier posing as a fender but the guitar is absolutely amazing to play (the black guard one) it sounds beautifully balanced and sometimes i wonder if i need another tele because this one is so good, it's a bit beat up which i like because i don't mind just laying it on the floor and stuff not babying it like i would a new guitar. love this gretsch too though and a cheap es 335 copy which is actually very good Unbenannt.jpg thumbnail_IMG_8428.jpg thumbnail_IMG_8204.jpg SAM_0561.JPG SAM_0644.JPG SAM_0738.JPG

hockey guy and Goldenshellback like this.
  8. mkdaws32

Those are all really nice!

ben smith likes this.
  9. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

if you already have 4 teles, and you have one that you really like, I doubt the vintera is going to scratch any itch, you never know though, it might?

ben smith likes this.
  10. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

The Vinteras look good, have a decent spec & I like your preferred colour scheme. Not had a chance to play on yet.

ben smith likes this.
  11. aFewGoodTaters

aFewGoodTaters Tele-Meister

I picked up a gently used Vintera 50s in Fiesta Red. Overall I think the guitar is a fantastic value. Mine had a couple high frets and needed the nut slots filed out a bit, but once those minor issues were taken care of it plays great. I love the chunky neck and the finish is really nice. I can't comment on the PUPs / electronics as I haven't really had a chance to really crank it up as I share walls and my band hasn't rehearsed in months due to 2020 craziness. Overall though, I've been very impressed with my MIM Vintera as well as a MIM 50s Classic Strat I picked up.

ben smith likes this.
  12. Goldenshellback

Goldenshellback Tele-Meister

Cost vs worth is a personal decision. I own an American Original 1960’s Tele and it’s worth 2K to me.

ben smith and mkdaws32 like this.
  13. hockey guy

hockey guy Tele-Meister

I like the Vintera Telecasters. Mine plays and sounds great. What more could I ask for?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.