1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

are you guys fans of the vintera tele's?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by ben smith, Oct 8, 2020.

1. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

selling the property i own so ill be able to buy any guitar i want but, all i really want is a basic tele because the sound of a tele is all i ever need or desire. i can't find my dream tele (white with gold hardware 21 vintage tall frets 21 frets maple board) i just can't be bothered with partscasters anymore, i want something i can use straight out of the box with maybe a saddle change. what is the fret work like on the vinteras? i tried a mustang and it was a dog! i have my eyes on a 50's modified daphne blue but i will change pickguard to white 5 hole. 3g3a1084_ff275ef4a1.jpg

2. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

That would be a guitar I would choose - in that color. It's the Baja with new colors and just a few updates.

rangercaster and ben smith like this.
  3. TeleGASter

TeleGASter TDPRI Member

I have a Vintera 50s modified (surf green) that I bought ~ 1 month ago. I'm very happy with it. The fretwork is decent (at least my example). Of course, it could be more polished, but it's smooth enough to be very playable. No sharp ends and leveling is good. It's a lot of guitar for the money.

gregulator450 and ben smith like this.
  4. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Big fan of the Vintera 50s modified here, as well. I'm building a partscaster based on that model right now. It's not finished - pickups are in the mail and I bolted it together before the clearcoat was done so that I could make sure everything would align properly.

IMG_2606.jpg IMG_2607.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  5. Kmaxbrady

Kmaxbrady Tele-Meister

I love my 50s tele, sonic blue.
    Fret work is good, neck feels awesome.
    I swapped out the neck pickup for a gen 4 noiseless, changed the white pickguard for a cream color, and added compensated saddles. I also lightly sanded the neck to smooth out the poly a little more. but even before any of the changes it was pretty awesome right out of the box.

ben smith likes this.
  6. The Angle

The Angle Tele-Holic

I'll be a softly dissenting voice here. I had one briefly - briefly because I ordered an open-box '50s modified but what the dealer sent was a '50s standard, so I returned it. Honestly, I was disappointed in the fit and finish. My biggest complaint was that either the bridge rout was too big or it was improperly positioned, because the top millimeter or so of the cavity wasn't covered by the bridge plate. I wouldn't be surprised to see that in a $200 Bullet, but that's not acceptable in a $900 Fender.

I'm still thinking about the '50s modified, though. It has everything I want. But next time I'd like to ogle it with my very own eyeballs before paying.

mkdaws32 and ben smith like this.
  7. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

i hear the modified have slightly better finishes? not sure why that would be? maybe the higher price. ok thanks for your opinion

8. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Are you talking about the buttcrack? That's pretty standard.

Ebidis, hdvades, Fiesta Red and 4 others like this.
  9. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I think you're making the right choice. I have no idea why they put black guards on those, though. it needs white or cream.

10. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

it's either the vintera or this which costs
    yeah it will sure look pretty with a 1ply white guard.

11. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

my other option was this for two grand but is a tele ever worth two grand? fender american original fender-american-original-50s-tele-limited-edition.jpg

12. gregulator450

gregulator450 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

This is the exact guitar I'm saving for right now, and I will order a white guard with it also.

ben smith likes this.
  13. LPTyler

LPTyler Tele-Meister

I would much prefer the AO. I think you get a lot more with them, and buying American matters to me. The fretwork is much better, and the electronics feel much better. The AO also comes with a nice case and the lacquer finish is a real plus.

ben smith likes this.
  14. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Afflicted

nvm

15. GK34

GK34 Tele-Meister

At band practice the other night, a buddy brought that exact Vintera Modified in daphne blue. The guitar sounded great! It was in the hands of a great player, which helped.

gregulator450 and ben smith like this.
  16. mkdaws32

Yes! That is 2K$ gorgeous!!! Seriously - 2K for something special and USA made doesn’t bother me at all. I just can’t get my head around paying $4000+ for any non-collectable, though. Does not take away the fact that the Vintera and Player series’ are both incredible instruments at great prices, though!

hdvades, Fretting out and ben smith like this.
  17. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I like the Baja colors, honestly.

And I like the 60s and especially the 50s Bajas' other specifications better, also.

And I like the price we used to pay, most of all.

But I am glad FMIC is producing quality guitars, in "both" Californias, that are IMO better than the overseas contract products bearing the Squier label.

ben smith likes this.
  18. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

I played a couple of the 50’s models and think they’re really nice...if I were in the market, I’d consider one of those.

I have not seen/played a 60’s model, and would like to.

You can guess which of the colors from this series I like best.

ben smith likes this.
  19. mkdaws32

Agreed. I gotta say my Squier Contemporary series is phenomenal at any price, though. Quality is up across the board, it seems. I didn’t hurt that I got it around 45% off on clearance after Fender discontinued the series.

boris bubbanov and ben smith like this.
  20. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

it is stunning and exactly what i want spec wise

Fretting out and mkdaws32 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.