Are you going out on New Years Eve?

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I remember when I was a kid one of our neighborhood dads would get a snootful and then go out in the front yard and shoot his 12 gage at the stars on NYE. I wonder how fast the cops would get here if I tried that nowadays?

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
There's a big NYE party at Poeppels Corner... where 3 states join with different time zones......

folks can start the NYE party in Queensland, step over to South Australia for a second NYE, them step over to the Northern territory for a NYE to finish the night...

bit far to go....I'll pass..:D

corners.jpg

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I remember when I was a kid one of our neighborhood dads would get a snootful and then go out in the front yard and shoot his 12 gage at the stars on NYE. I wonder how fast the cops would get here if I tried that nowadays?
Suspect that depends greatly upon your neighborhood, but I’d hope rather quickly. I despise people who simply make loud noises in suburban neighborhoods; discharging firearms while drunk? Come on y’all.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
A friend had a huge cocktail party on Monday night that was well attended, I got home at 1AM

felt like a NYE party, a few days early..... :)

I'm good... I'll stay in...:)

best deal ever... wake up on new year's day and you get a whole new year for free, to do what you want...

you can't go back, you have to go forward....:D

Lockback

Tele-Meister
Amateur night for sure. I was that amateur at one time. We used to go out to dinner at a hoity toity joint with 4-5 other couples, but that’s been a few years that we did that.

We will probably hang out and have a drink or three and listen to music. A good soak in the hot tub is in there somewhere too.
You are wise. Years ago I got into some trouble with the local constabulary right around New Year’s Eve. Lesson learned. Stay home.
I didn’t play guitar back then. I do now. I’ve got my Telecaster cued up for playing tomorrow night. It’ll be fun. :)

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Maybe I'll go out to eat and then go home and bond with Netflix.

Maybe I'll go and see the new Spiderman movie early.

Maybe I'll stay in and make a really nice dinner and then bond with Netflix.

Can't decide.

What are your plans??

Stay home and order carry-out food. I have two small dogs that will run themselves to death in the back yard when the fireworks start if we are not here to keep them calm. We see no point in going out. We have friends in the neighborhood, and plenty of "party juice" at home between us. And it's Florida, so we can start the firepit or BBQ grill in the driveway, get the folding chairs, and party down in 70 degree weather.

drmmrr55

Tele-Holic
Maybe I'll go out to eat and then go home and bond with Netflix.

Maybe I'll go and see the new Spiderman movie early.

Maybe I'll stay in and make a really nice dinner and then bond with Netflix.

Can't decide.

What are your plans??
I live near Seattle, and I'm snowed in, so I can't go anywhere seeing as I don't have 4 wheel drive and can't make it up the driveway, so I'll be staying home...
driveway.jpg

Last edited:

Smokin OP

Tele-Afflicted
Taking a few guitars to my tech tomorrow morning but other than that, nope. If I make past 9:00 tomorrow or any night, it's a miracle.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
It's been a while but I have cool.memories of playing NYE First Night gigs in Alexandria, VA, and Annapolis, MD ( Late '90's till 2012- various bands I was in)

Explain:

What you do is you are sent to a venue in City X, that can accommodate live music and crowds coming and going- Schools, Churches, Gov't buildings, Masonic Temple, etc.

You basically set up early, and share the evening with another talent ( another band, dance troupe, theater) and you each do (3) 1/2 sets between 7:00- 10:30 taking turns- done by 11.
Folks are going all around the town checking out all this live entertainment. You could literally play one set 3 times!

A lot of down-time between sets. but $300+/ per man, home by midnight!

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
We had plans for a party with about 25 people and us playing a nice 2 hour set, but had to cancel due to present gouvernemental restrictions - which is kind of annoying as only vaccinated people would have been there.....anyway, now my significant other and me will meet up with my brother and his girlfriend plus another couple. Gonna have some nice meal plus a couple of drinks. Better than last year atleast.