Are you going out on New Years Eve?

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I used a rapid test kit yesterday morning and it came back positive. They are apparently very accurate, though not as accurate as a PCR test, which I managed to get last night at a local hospital. As soon as my wife found out about my rapid test showing positive, she got a PCR at the hospital she based out of. It's created a real mess for them. Staffing issues are already a massive problem, and she's in management, and moonlights at two other hospitals, both of which have huge staffing issues. Her results came back just a few minutes ago: positive. I'm still waiting for mine, and I expect it to be a few days before I get it as I don't work in health care, and there's a huge backlog.

Still, looking forward to blowing out 2021 and welcoming in 2022!! We'll make something of it!

Mike SS

Poster Extraordinaire
As a general rule the wife and I do nothing special on New Years. We are not big drinkers, or partiers. The one time I did attend a New Year function was when Mrs. SS had a job waiting tables at a local hotel bar/restaurant. It was a MAD HOUSE. Not enjoyable in the least. The bar manager recognized me and got me to hand out party hats and tierras to all the patrons. I got a free draw for my efforts.:twisted:

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
No, my wife and I have not gone out for New Years for a Looong time. With the current health risk's we try to minimize are exposure. Are neighbor died of covid-19 6 days after being exposed to it from his step daughter.

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I may buy a lobster tail to go with my filet.

Surf and turf and a good movie.

I've watched enough Netflix and Hulu that I'm to the point where I think I've seen all the best stuff. My son thought tha new Spiderman flick was the best Marvel movie ever. I'm not sure that I want to do a movie theatre.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
itcrowdrichmond00.gif

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
Had grand plans for a nice meal with the family at a swanky restaurant. We had to make reservations well in advance because it's always a popular NYE hang. But the consensus was to cancel even though we're all boosted. So it looks like a home-cooked dinner w/ beers and whisky. Not complaining. Ok, maybe a little.