1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Are You Driving a 200K + Mile Car ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by PCollen, Aug 25, 2020.

1. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

If so, what year/make/model and how many miles .

My daily driver is a 2007 Honda C-RV with 230,117 miles on it.

Fuelish, telestratosonic and imwjl like this.
  2. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

My 2009 Accord is only at 150k, Ill check back in when it gets to 200k.
    My plan is to keep it to 250k.

SnidelyWhiplash likes this.
  3. tele_savales

tele_savales Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I put 227k on a 1988 Civic.

4. 6stringcowboy

6stringcowboy Friend of Leo's

Just traded a 2004 Hyundai Sonata with 245K.

5. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

My daughter was driving our 1997 CRV with ~210,000 on it when she rear-ended someone. It was not worth fixing. It now lives with a local rural USPS driver. They pounded out the body enough to make it drivable, and use it daily for deliveries.

According to our mechanic, a bunch of local drivers specifically look for 1st gen CRVs for rural mail delivery. They just fix and patch when necessary, and keep delivering the mail to the hollers of Appalachia. :cool:

Spotted it parked at the local post office last year.

7F34AA42-D198-4BF4-B45B-8B237B9C5B20.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  6. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

I had an 05 Corolla as a commuter car with 220k up until recently. It was still running great, had just put new brakes and tires on it. Then the huge storm a couple of weeks ago dropped a tree on it. Luckily I’m working from home for the foreseeable future.

getbent likes this.
  7. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Sorry, it was sad to see "Coche" the 1999 Toyota go. As a point of pride and other points we gave my wife reasons to keep it going, but two months later the whole family really appreciates Car Play if nothing else.

We had fun with a few vehicles serving us for really long periods of time.

We still have a 1930 Ford in the family and I have no idea how many miles it's driven. It's had two restore/overhaul events in the past 90 years.

telemnemonics likes this.
  8. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I most I've ever driven a car is about 165K. My 2006 has 75K on it, and my 2017 has 6K on it. I don't drive that much, so I'll probably never get close to 200K.

9. Bob Mc

Bob Mc Friend of Leo's

2012 Elantra 216K

10. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Afflicted

I kinda wish I was. I had a 2002 Camry with 165k on it. That was a great car. Drove great, I traded it in too early. That was like five years ago, I could easily still be driving it now with little to no problems.

Id like to hang onto my current car (2018 Subaru Legacy) til it has 200k on it. That’s the goal. Just hit 30k so I’ll resurrect this thread in about 8-10 years.

11. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

Drove my '91 Integra GS 5 speed up to 244K before selling it. The powertrain was still running as well as ever when I sold it. Only things I ever had to fix were the spinning electrical parts: starter, distributor, alternator. Everything else was routine maintenance. Fluid changes, tire changes, and lubrication. The body had issues that I couldn't afford to fix (busted out sunroof glass and a dented fender), and I had started going back to school, so I sold it for $500, and I STILL regret it.

I drove it at 125 MPH for an hour straight one time in Idaho. Felt stable and strong the entire time. Used to eat up the Pasadena Freeway late at night with no one else on the road, 115 MPH the whole way. Totally stock. I drove it for over a year without a starter, just pop starting it (really easy to do with a low compression 4 banger; you barely need to be rolling).

You can't just walk onto any car lot and buy a new car like that any more – not even Hondas themselves. Your CR-V is from the end of an era for Honda. It should last you, if you take care of it...and maybe even if you don't. My wife has an '07 CR-V as well.

At my current annual mileage, it would take me over 40 years to hit 200K on my Challenger...and you KNOW the car won't make it that far anyhow. Chrysler product with a high performance engine. I'll be surprised to make it to 100K total, or 50K without major issues.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  12. Treehouse

Treehouse Tele-Meister

‘04 Tacoma just turned 200. It’s still a baby:cool:

13. Despres

Despres Tele-Holic

My 2010 Tacoma only has 175k on it, but it is getting a brand new frame later next month courtesy of Toyota. I'm going to have them put some new shocks and do some work on the steering while it is apart, and plan on putting another 175k on it.

14. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

I chicken out at about 135k for a oft used car.

15. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

My car is a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan, I'm kidded as a 'soccer mom' hah but it's great for gigs, camping, bikes, ski trips and what-all else I can stuff in there .... 227,000 and counting. Motor runs great and almost no rust; it will likely be the increasingly rickety suspension that kills it in the end.

16. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Afflicted

Here in the UK it's thought that any car over 100k is fubar.

Fretting out likes this.
  17. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

The only car I ever put over a 100K was my 69 VW Bug. All the rest dry rotted, were stolen or I traded in before I got to 60K. I think my current 2010 Silverado will be my last vehicle and it is approaching 60K now. Put a combined 110K on my two Harleys.

18. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Holic

We have a 2017 Ford Ranger pickup which we have somehow put a hard 140k on already... no issues so far.

We also have a 2004 330d BMW which has 210k on... again no issues.

We replaced a 3.0d BMW X5 which had 240k on it for the Ranger. It had no engine issues, only electrical ones!

19. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

I just passed 6000 miles in my car on the way to work yesterday. I'll be a year old next month. :)

getbent and Fretting out like this.
  20. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

We don't do massive miles but both of our cars are well into middle age, each being 17yrs old. My other half's Astra is a 2.2 and a bit thirsty but feels like it will go a lot further than its current 136k miles. Assuming nothing big falls off and it keeps passing its annual MOT test.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.