1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Are you all a bunch of weaklings? (rant, sorry)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by T_red7882, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

That's called trolling.... :rolleyes:

2. 65flh5326

65flh5326 Banned

3. RumorsofsurF

RumorsofsurF Tele-Meister

That's exactly what I said a few pages back. Isn't there a big notice about trolling at the top of the forum? I know it's not pleasant to be accused, as I've been accused of this myself, but it shouldn't be allowed to stand.

4. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Amigo,
    I had lunch with AS 2 years ago at the Grille in Sacto (on the mall) he is very, very human and does not look like T3. Movies = fantasy... Jack Lalanne? now that guy was a freak of nature... even if a Twin is actually taller than Jack...

I'd bet money Arnie couldn't haul my gear as far as I can up a hill in Berkeley at 3 am on a misty, slick night all three blocks to my car in cowboy boots... he'd drop my tele or my pedalboard or my tone king... because he didn't save for them and Arnie don't play no tele...

not to mention those early steriods do some nasty stuff to the southern extremities...

last thing on Arnie... he has major fluctuations of weight etc all the time... has multiple wardrobes to manage this problem I don't know any of my great shape older guy friends who would emulate Arnie.

5. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

If i was trying to offend i would've singled people out. I made a broad generalization to get some responses and it worked. You seem to take great offense to that, but thats your problem and not mine. I had seen one too many threads where people begrudged an amp that was "jjust too heavy..." It made me wonder just what had happened to males as a whole. I tend to think of all of us as the same age because we're all passionate about the same thing, music. anyone who has an injury should stay the **** away from anything that might make it worse. Any healthy individual who likes a twin or mesa or marshall, vox etc..., but doesn't want to, or simply can't, deal with the weight is a prime example of someone who needs to get to a gym. As i stated before, evolution gave us powerful shoulders, back, arms, chest and legs. Use them.

6. getbent

Dang... if this thread keeps going this way... it is gonna get closed and part of me is enjoying it...

Up to you guys to either keep it and have some good natured fun or keep squabbling and get it zapped. I'll be watching it for a bit.

7. RumorsofsurF

What did you expect when starting this thread? A light-hearted conversation? You were trying to get a reaction, and negative attention. You've succeeded.

Yeah, I like my Twin too. I hate carrying it. I'd rather carry my Hot Rod Deluxe, but it doesn't have "the sound." That's my business. If someone else would rather play through a Champ, more power to them. I'm not going to judge them. In fact, I respect those using small amps. Some of us have big amps to compensate for lack of ability....:oops:

Just kidding..:D

8. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

I know he doesn't look like the movie, but as you can see in the pics i posted, the dude is in great shape for someone his age. I doubt you can find me many people his age who look like he does in those photos. His arms, chest and legs are pretty big and cut. As for his weight fluctuating, he's a politician and busy, but at any weight, he's a muscular in shape guy. I got to meet him briefly last summer. He's still an intimidating figure. I stand 6' 230 and he definetely made me feel small.

Steroids generaly shrink the testes while they're being used, but generaly return to their normal size. I've never used steroids, but i've been around the bodybuilding world and have been around many people who've used them.

9. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

Hey, i'm not directly insulting anyone and i'm being respectful of everyone's opinion. If anyone wants to call it trolling, go for it, but i think i got a pretty interesting topic going here that many people have a viewpoint on.

10. Dave Hopping

Dave Hopping Friend of Leo's

T red-I also carry a guitar rig and a steel rig.Used to run guitar thru a Boogie Mk 3 and steel thru a Session 500.Now down to a Bassman LTD and a Nashville 112,but I do get tempted to bring that Session 'cos it sounds sooooo good.I learned early on the virtues of lifting VERY carefully and using a 4-wheeler(mine folds up to a 2 wheeler),as well as loading in during the day,plus a little polite assertiveness when necessary about using the loading zone.At 64,I'm fairly well acquainted with the way aging diminishes one's capabilities,but I also think that being careful and deliberate about schlepping gear around can get a pleasantly surprising amount of gear schlepped.

11. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Friend of Leo's

Well, the definition of what you were trying to accomplish (By your own words) is called "Trolling." Trolling is when you post in a way to create an emotional response. It's not cool.

I guess I don't respond well to trolls. For the most part I just ignore them, but this just didn't sit well.

For the sake of the thread, I'll accept that you were acting in our best interest.

12. jh45gun

jh45gun Banned

I tell you what Junior yea you maybe got the responses you were looking for but 25 your a ROOKIE. you have not even begun to live yet let alone know what most of us older guys have been through. When we were out paying our dues you were staining your diapers. Talk to me in an other 25 years if I am still around and let me know then about heavy equipment VS light equipment.

13. getbent

When I was coming up I got teased for having a lowly twin because it was only a combo amp..... all my buddies had double marshall stacks and hiwatts and stuff...

so, I would imagine some of the fellers could start posting their 70's rigs and blow your mind with what they hauled.

You might also consider the old joke about the young bull and the old bull....

14. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

i've got post strep glumero nephritis
    an arthritic hip
    asthma
    3 inguinal hernia surgeries
    hiatal hernia

i've done a fair share of living thank you. Oh, and i started going bald when i was 14. I can sing the blues now i think.

15. candh

candh Tele-Meister

Let me get this in here before the thread get shut down.

[​IMG]

16. RumorsofsurF

Oh, man that's classic!!! :lol:

17. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Friend of Leo's

OK, this thread was worth it if for no other reason than this.

18. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

considering that in the subject of the thread i said it was a rant and i was apologizing initialy, i'd think that'd tip some people off as to what they were going to read. And at the end of the read if they see the author writing "sorry, had to vent," they'd take it all with a grain of salt, or tongue in cheek, or not let it get to them and take it for what it was; ranting and raving. i never said i was right.;)

19. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

At 25!! Jeez... You're falling apart kid!! I'm not that far off twice your age and I'm in far better shape by the sounds of it.

Take a little advice from us old farts... Chill out on the machismo... You'll find out soon enough - it really don't mean ****...

;)

20. candh

candh Tele-Meister

Ah, it's all clean fun for me man.

Sorry if I missed anyone in the trolling pic.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.