1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Are you all a bunch of weaklings? (rant, sorry)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by T_red7882, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crawdad

crawdad Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, buddy--you nailed it. Besides the fact that the measure of a man is definitely a lot more than how much weight somebody can lift, there are a lot of manly men who can barely walk because of things like Twin Reverb's and 80 lb pedal steels. Be smart about your gear and you will have better health in the long run.

2. ibobunot

ibobunot Poster Extraordinaire

--Oscar Wilde--

.... :D

3. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

If you read my other posts you'll see i said i have an arthritic hip from years of track and cross country and have had 3 hernia surgeries (congenital, not from lifting for ego's sake). I know life can be a pain (no pun intended), but to see how many people speak of lifting a little weight as if it were a herculean effort troubled me. It was not to incite rage, it was to figure out what the heck was going on with all the people who talk of heavy amps like they are deadlifting a moose. The weight of twin reverbs is one of the reason they are so cheap (relatively) on the vintage market. This line of thinking makes no sense to me.

4. candh

candh Tele-Meister

One day...sooner than you realize......it will.

5. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

I would assume that many of the weight lifters used in this survey have done years of heavy deadlifts, squats and standing shoulder presses, all which put a tremendous amount of pressure on the spine. A big reason why i don't do these lifts anymore. When i was a personal trainer i would never espouse these lifts to anyone who wasn't a serious athlete. As for the soccer guys, all that running is a high impact exercise and would definetely take its toll over the years, there's no denying that. What i am saying is that exercises/lifts like: bent rows, pull ups, t bar rows, barbell rows, lat pull downs and cable rows will do wonders for your spine. Look at the governor of california. arnold has posture about as perfect as they come. He has always been in excellent shape and has always been lifting. No surprise the dude looks amazing for his age.

6. sjhusting

sjhusting Tele-Afflicted

Hey, you're right; my testosterone count has put me firmly in girly-boy land.

Uh, I've got a Deville to sell you. You'll have to come and pick it up though, I'm not shipping it.

steven

7. candh

candh Tele-Meister

Oh, my BAAAAUK!!

8. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

Boy your sure open a can worms on this subject.

9. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I sure like the sound of a twin and a tele.

Some of the guys I most respect in the world love that sound too....

love is pain.

I have decided that all you really meant by your initial post was that a twin sounds so good it is worth whatever you have to do to play it and that it is incomprehensible that anyone would actually pass on the experience because of little thing like the physical weight of the thing. That is what you meant... and nothing will make me change my mind about that...

I'd go next door right now and beat the living bajeezus out of my neighbor if I could be 25 for about 3 weeks.

10. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Friend of Leo's

You weren't trying to incite rage? Using words like "Emmasculated" and phrases like, "Are you all a bunch of weaklings," and, "Man up," is your idea of not trying to incite rage? Come on!

You point to Arnold Schwarzenegger for your example of a weightlifter? In the first place, that dude is a freak of nature. In the second place, you have no idea what condition his joints are in. In the third place, you don't know how he would feel about hauling a twin around.

Your post was inflammatory from the word go. Just own it.

11. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

Eh?....Whad dya say der sonny????....I ain't got my hearing aids in and i don't hear so good no more.... you young whippersnappers are all the same....And STAY OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!

In answer to your question: Yes, yes I am.

12. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

a few of you get it...

but i don't believe in violence. if you really want to get at your neighbor, dime the twin at 2am.

13. Trimmed&Burnin

Trimmed&Burnin Tele-Holic

The younger men dont seem to need a purpose,
    They'll stand and fight for anybody's cause
    The older men see livin as a circus,
    and the one who stand up longest need applause

The younger girls all think that they're the chosen one, and the older ones leave well enough alomne,
    it's your buisness untill you stick your nose in one
    and then brother you got problems of your own
    But it's a crazy world and I live here
    and if you can hear me singin so do you
    I'm turnin out my night lights feelin satisfied
    there's nothin anyone of us can do
    no,, there's nothin anyone of us can do

Doc Watson

14. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

BTW, this is the reason I got married and had kids.
    To haul equipment. NYUK, NYUK.
    But in all seriousness if you aren't doing anything on weekends I will be glad to let you come and carry all my gear for me. I can't pay you, but you would definitely be proving me to be a girly-man. But then in 10 years I won't be in agony from back strain and compressed vertebrae.

15. candh

candh Tele-Meister

Man up you emmasculated weakling...!!:D

16. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I saw a picture of the Gubernator in a bathing suit not too long ago. He was down that road like the rest if us.

Now I'm gonna feel guilty buying a vintage Twin or Super, because I will think about the guy who had to part with it because he had no choice.

17. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

Arnold is a freak of nature no doubt, but he is an example of healthy aging. He's also a prime example of how much the media has incorrectly vilified steroids. My post was aimed to get a response, if it was inflammatory i would have accused people of being weak as opposed to questioning it. The fact that so many of you are so threatened by it is a bit of a "tell" as to how many of you might really feel about aging. Defensive, defensive, defensive...

If you've got a bad back, you've got a bad back. That sucks, i'm not questioning their manhood. I'm just saying, if you're a normal person, and you cant lug around a heavy amp, get to the gym soon. If a guitar hurts your shoulders and neck and back, get to the gym now!

18. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

that pic of ahnold was right after heart surgery. he looked awful. then he got his butt back in shape for T3 and and political world.

19. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Friend of Leo's

The only thing that you've shown is how people are naturally inclined to react when someone calls them names and makes suggestions about their manhood simply because they would rather not haul a certain amp around. There is no "Tell" here. Your attempt was to offend and you succeeded.

If you really were concerned about the health of members on this forum you would have chosen a different approach and you know it.

20. T_red7882

T_red7882 Tele-Afflicted

Arnold in oct:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i'd say he feels pretty damn good and wouldn't have trouble with an amp.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.