Are Fender using stainless Screws?

gilmanoel

TDPRI Member
Hi! Has Fender custom shop been using stainless steel screws? Or just nickel and chrome? I noticed some guitars that seemed to use this on the pickguard, but I'm not sure, can anyone here confirm?

BobbyMac

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
It would be news to me that the Custom Shop is using stainless steel screws. Nickel has always been the authentic finish on pickguard screws, pickup mounting screws, control plate and switch mounting screws, vintage tuners and screws, strap buttons, and string trees. Fender is using some chrome screws on some of the lesser lines, but I've never seen them on USA vintage reissues or Custom Shop models. That's not to say they never have, but I've never seen them on those models.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Pick guard screws are chrome, not nickel….. at least that I am aware of, at least traditionally on the quality stuff. Squier or maybe other imports may be ss

gilmanoel

TDPRI Member
Hi, Schmee! Sure they use chrome for pickguard in tele and strat? I've always seen nickel, chrome only on newer models like American Standard, but not on Vintage models.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Fender doesn’t say publicly that I’m aware of. Even the Fender screw replacement packs, genuine parts it doesn’t say what they are coated with.