Are all of your guitars the same ?

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
They're all exactly alike...

allguitars.png

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
If you have a few different guitars are all of your different guitars the same ?
Mine are , I have eight electric guitars 4 Tele's and 4 Strats.
I have had a Les Paul , SG , Jazzmaster and 3 different Ibanez and sold them all.
Does that make me a collector or a nut?
The defining options aree to limited to make a definitive judgement regarding whether or not you are an obsessives compulsive or an enraptured fan of guitars questioning his inner workings. It is never a either/or situation when it comes to the guitars ability to caste it's spell on true believers.
lighten up give yourself the permission to just be o.k. and enjoy making your fingers bleed and edge your spouse closer filing for a divorce do to your lack of attention... etc etc etc etc

eclecticsynergy

Friend of Leo's
Mine are all quite different - even the ones that look nearly the same.
Have a handful each of the same models: LPs, Strats, PRSi, Teles, and korina slabs.

Aside from looks, none are similar in feel or tone, except for:
1) a pair of McCartys with vintage type hums that I use primarily for classic blues
2) my favorite old PRS & a later one that I outfitted with identical pickups as a replacement, so I didn't have to keep gigging the oldest one which is pretty much irreplaceable.

I also have half a dozen or so oddballs that don't look remotely like anything else.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Five are hollow, 20 are solid, one has seven strings and one has four.
Most have one pickup though so yeah, all the same.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
5 basses
-78 ricky 4001 LH tuxedo
-78 Rogue precision copy LH
-10 Jazz bass MIM LH
-Epi EB3L RH
-Kramer 5 string LH

4 Accousics
-60 raven classical
-Godin Multiac synth ready nylon string LH
-Yamaha Fg 335LH2
-Yamaha APX5LA

14 Electrics
-Epi Dot studio RH
-Epi Sheridan LH
-Epi SG LH
-Epi LTD Ed firebird 2 RH
-73 Gibson SG RH
-98 Gibson LP studio LH
-Jay Turser LP serpent LH
-Chibson LP ultima tree of life LH
-Squier Affinity Tele LH
-78 US strat LH
-96 US strat LH
- Peavey Preditor superstrat EXP Plus LH
-60's Beltone Hound dog taylor ( 4 pickups) RH
-A guitar I made (see below) dont know what to call it.LOL

a few of the same models but each one sounds very different from each other

View attachment 1016710
But are your G5 towers all the same?

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
I currently only have three electric guitars: strat, tele, ernie ball music man. I've never kept much more than that around as I tend to like to play just a couple of guitars for long periods until I find something else I like and I get rid of something. I may add a P90 to my tele neck position as I need something in that range. All my guitars are alike in the sense that they are heavily modified and pretty banged up. I really don't take much cosmetic care of my guitars, but I do keep them set up pretty well.

msalama

Tele-Afflicted
4 Teles, 1 Lester, 1 Melody Maker D. The Telecasters do of course resemble each other, but are still quite different in how they feel.

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
But are your G5 towers all the same?
my system is complex I use a dedicated off line lan to tie all computers together

I have 5 of them , the first 2 are in the pics are identicle maxed ram, 2 TB hds each , both loaded with Logic, and ProTools (that way I can dedicate one or the other for either Audio or midi recording) the 3rd one is for mastering and full logic /Protools with tons of high end mastering software.
I have over 8 X1 TB drives of compressed programs and wrappers so i can swap VI's and Plugs from logic to ProTools, the last 2 G5's I have are maxed Ram and the same 2TB HDs but are used for storing and recalling libraries for native instruments , Reason, Motu MX5, Mach 5, symphonic instruments, sample tank, atmosphere, Rob Papon, Arturia synths ,Waldorf PPG, etc ( way,way too much to mention)

I also Have a PC for guitar amp emulations , amplitube , etc dedicated only the guitar ( see below) running reaper (The lower chassis) presonus interface
the upper Rack chassis has 10 x1 TB drives (3 of which are hot swap ) for digital recording of audio and or midi all are tied into the Macs and I can access each drive from all systems on all comps using the go functions

the trick with this type of system is get it working and NEVER update the OS thats why they are off line from the net.

I think this is a product of a very sick imagination, I'm quite sure of that.

IMG_0334.JPG

the console changed from that pic though!

IMG_0021.JPG

Last edited:

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Twenty guitars, but on the 50' & 60's Baja are similar, I have a selection of other makes and models, but I noticed I have quite a collection SQUIER guitars, which get played the most!

Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Nope, and even the few that are similar are different. For example, a '52 maple board Tele and '66 rosewood board one. And a '56 maple board Strat and '63 rosewood board. Because growing up I thought those are iconic examples of each.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
1 Fender Telecaster, HH. Bolt-on neck, maple fretboard. Solid Body.
1 Gretsch 5120. HH. Set neck. Rosewood fretboard (I think. Not maple). Hollow body.
1 Squier Strat. SSS. Bolt-on neck. Rosewood fretboard. Solid body.
1 Fender Precision Bass. S. Bolt-on neck. Rosewood fretboard. Solid Body.
1 Yamaha dreadnought FG-160 acoustic.
1 very small acoustic guitar tuned to open G for small children to strum on.

All different. I played all three electric guitars yesterday. They all sound and play differently.

I like the Tele the best. I'm not saying this because this is the Telecaster Discussion Page reissue or because it cost me the most money. It plays the easiest and has the most robust pickups.

Downeast

TDPRI Member
Mine are different:

electrics:
American performer Strat
MIM Tele
Gretsch 5420
Eastman T486

acoustics:
Martin 000-18
Seagull S6

I’m thinking of selling the Gretsch and getting something different to replace it cause I don’t play it that much.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Mine are different:

electrics:
American performer Strat
MIM Tele
Gretsch 5420
Eastman T486

acoustics:
Martin 000-18
Seagull S6

I’m thinking of selling the Gretsch and getting something different to replace it cause I don’t play it that much.
Is your Gretsch 5420 harder to play than your MIM Tele? My 5120 is for sure.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
My guitars are different by design. Why would I want multiples of the same thing? My Tele & Squire are different in multiple ways. My SG & 335 cover the humbucker duties, and are very different sounding despite the fact that their innards are so similar.