1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Apple Safari Issues

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by w3stie, Jan 27, 2016.

1. stratology

stratology Tele-Meister

Chrome also drains the battery much quicker than Safari on laptops. I still use it as a secondary browser, primarily for sites that still require Flash - Chrome has Flash built in, so I don't have to install the Flash plug in. Chrome also had the ability to pin tabs before Safari did, but the Safari implementation of tabs and pinned tabs is arguably better.

The biggest deal breaker for me is that Chrome does not use the Mac's Keychain, it uses it's own password management service instead, which is more limited (no credit cards..).

2. stratology

stratology Tele-Meister

My findings come from years of Mac troubleshooting as a full time job.

You're wrong about Little Snitch, it does not block any incoming connections, or "attempts from Apple to access your system" (???). The built in Firewall on your Mac can block incoming connections (connections from the Internet to your Mac), Little Snitch can only block outgoing connections (from your Mac to the Internet). This can have dire consequences if you don't have a thorough understanding of the outgoing traffic, and can interrupt things like iPhone sync and Bonjour traffic.

3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I guess I dont see it and have not had any issues , I dont use Bonjour and I dont have a cell phone or I phone and it's not on my wish list.
    I too do a lot of mac and PC trouble shooting as well as reballing chips if they need it, Nothing like the local Mac store saying your mother board is hooped and its 600.00 bucks for a new board, when I can reball a graphic chip in 45 min.

you Chrome users and face book users realize that Google Chrome records all of your online activity and sends it to the NSA National Security Administrations data bases and face book is used for facial recognition.

4. stratology

stratology Tele-Meister

I hadn't heard that, do you have a link? I do know that Google harvests the content of all gmail mails for advertising purposes.

5. 24 track

I originally saw a documentary on national security on History 2 channel stating that the NSA was downloading 200 million terabytes per hour of data from google chrome activities
    to their supercomputers.
    then went on to say that the financial district of New york monitors all who come into and leave the area via video surveillance and directly uses Face book to for facial recognition of any Persons of Interest.
    I just typed NSA use of Google Chrome into my search engine and a lot of entries popped up

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2360...encryption-extension-includes-jab-at-nsa.html

you may wish to read this

6. stratology

stratology Tele-Meister

Interesting, thanks. Looks like the NSA got data from Google against their will, Google did not co-operate to provide data or backdoors.

7. 24 track

check out the search I did "NSA use of google chrome" there was a PDF from the NSA about this , that link i sent indicated the google engineers were unaware of the issue, but google was complaisant with the NSA. as it was written into code.

check out this;

http://www.globalresearch.ca/google...nstalls-eavesdropping-tool-on-your-pc/5457864

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  8. 24 track

Need less i do not use Chrome or face book

Once you've installed Chrome even if you remove it the tracking cookies stay.

9. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'd love to write all sorts of things about this subject, but they'd be a waste of typing as they'd get the thread locked.

Alls I can say is - folks, read Orwell again. He wrote of a future where the camera is in your house...

...95% of the population has a camera/microphone ... in ... their ... pocket. And they even managed to make us pay for it willingly, while smiling. In many ways, it's brilliant!

Is the microphone on your smartphone listening right now? Google it - oh, wait - duckduckgo it. :D

10. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

When I saw my in laws use Chrome it looked awfully creepy to me, like it had an opinion and agenda.
    Just a feeling...
    Not liking this feeling!

Taped my webcam a couple of weeks ago, not sure what I think that will do though.
    Lots of funny pop ups the last few days.

11. 24 track

Actually your camera can be activated remotely by some law enforcements if you were to go on some SUSPECT sites, example there was a commercial posted in Canada at least BC about a year ago or so illustrating a gentleman watching a Naughty site in particular live entertainment, and the jest of the commercial was that while this man was entertaining himself the police were watching him from his camera.

Nick JD, there is a lot to say on this subject but I don't think the average person realizes that our actions are monitored to the extent it is.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.