Apollo 11 Doc Trailer

warrent

Friend of Leo's
Last year, the filmmakers behind Apollo 11 were discussing making a documentary to mark the upcoming 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, when an archivist informed them that extensive, unseen 70mm footage of the mission existed at the National Archives. The footage became the basis for the documentary Apollo 11 and now we’re getting our first look at it with a new trailer.
https://gizmodo.com/stunning-trailer-for-apollo-11-brings-us-never-before-s-1832132176

micpoc

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Yeah, I'll definitely be checking this one out; hope it removes the bitter taste of First Man.

brogh

Staff member
oh this is gonna be great ! I can't wait to see this one, the images in the trailer are beautifully restored ! that took work trust me :)

fantastic !

Old Tele man

Friend of Leo's
The huge dish tracking antenna on top of Laguna Peak, just south of USN Pacific Missile Range, Pt. Mugu, CA, supported that mission:

Laguna_Peak_equipment.JPG

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
Can't wait to see the film! The space program has always been a part of our identity where I live.

The men and women involved in the Apollo project got up every morning, put their clothes on and had breakfast just like everyone else. But then they went to work and did the impossible, day in and day out. Inspiring to say the least...

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
This is playing in my local budget theater and I may go see it this weekend.

Because I love Kubrick's work :)

brogh

Staff member
really looking forward to see it .. but i really have no clue when it's gonna come out here .. if it will .. i think i will probably get it on Netflix.... although .. would be great to have a cinema that programs it on the day of the landing if it will i'll be sure to get a seat somewhere :)

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Saw it tonight with my sons. Really good. You hold your breath during the launch, the moon landing, and the splashdown, even though you know how it's gonna turn out

Also it was cool to see how people dressed back then