AOR (Album Oriented Rock) thread

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
A nice ballad from the Georgia Satellites with backup by Nicolette Larson. RIP. The best album liner notes I ever read was from this album and said "Nicolette Larson appears courtesy of her own damn self!" Thanks a real nice tribute to her. But enough if the banter.

I loved this tune from the get go. Now I'm a huge fan of the GSs.

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
Holy hell! All these years I thought AOR was Adult-Oriented Rock. Thanks for setting me straight. I may have to start listening to it now...
I was just gonna ask about this and then I decided to Google it and this is what the good people at Wikipedia had to offer:

Adult-oriented rock or AOR has multiple meanings in the music world and its meaning may vary upon location. It may refer to:
  • Adult-oriented rock (AOR), a music genre closely associated with soft rock
  • Album-oriented rock (AOR), a 1970s radio format that evolved from progressive rock
  • Adult album alternative, a radio format that evolved from album-oriented rock
  • Arena rock, a mid-1970s rock subgenre
  • West Coast sound, a mid-to-late 1970s rock subgenre, more recently referred to as yacht rock

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
Guess what! This isn't a drinking song! Imagine that. From Georges 1st LP, when he was new and fresh.

Ride On Josephine.