AO 50’s, Mo’ Better Photos

Kevin Wolfe

Tele-Holic
DC8FC22B-A2B9-4BC9-A8E0-0B4598F81B6D.jpeg 6C8BE3CB-7502-4CDB-9740-A42F3AE5D5B0.jpeg 1047D546-909F-463A-8EE9-D7DC8596AFC6.jpeg 7860BE95-2B87-42E5-923D-8304B0076BEA.jpeg 255C334A-6260-4E55-9930-1E3D0D456FA9.jpeg 501995D7-69B3-4CF8-A023-2B478E49BB82.jpeg 74D1B2D7-A869-4229-BBA3-E098F3E5F7DC.jpeg

mimmo

Friend of Leo's
Yes, I know. The high E tuner is crooked. I gonna try and fix it.

My AV52 tele has the same high E tuner issue, but it does its job so I have kept it. I quite like it actually.

Your telecaster has a lovely grain, I love especially the upper aide of the body, where your arm touches it. Great looking guitar.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Get it in tune, make sure it's right, then in true Kluson fashion bend the shaft until it's in line with the others.

Yep.... I've never had much luck in bending them, but maybe I've always done it wrong... it's tricky that's for sure.

Kevin Wolfe

Tele-Holic
Get it in tune, make sure it's right, then in true Kluson fashion bend the shaft until it's in line with the others.
Actually it’s not bent but mounted askew on the back side. The fix will require removing the tuner, and the bushing, plugging at least nor screw hole and re-drilling the holes after all 6 tuners are lined up.
I may just leave it.
Best of luck with yours. I’ve had mine for about two and a half years (see my avatar) and I love it more and more each day. The neck threw me when I first got it but now everything else is too thin! These guitars really grow on you!
Yeah, I’m kinda feeling the same way.

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Actually it’s not bent but mounted askew on the back side. The fix will require removing the tuner, and the bushing, plugging at least nor screw hole and re-drilling the holes after all 6 tuners are lined up.
I may just leave it.

Yeah, I’m kinda feeling the same way.

Is the screw hole actually off? It looks to me like the tuners just weren't held straight when they were tightened on. Try loosening the screw a little until the tuners can move and then push them into alignment and tighten the screw back down. In fact it looks like it starts with the B string tuner. That one looks a little crooked. Maybe loosen both those screws and see if they line up.

EDIT: Actually it does look like the screw holes are aligned properly. Try loosening off the E, B, and G tuner screws and push the machine heads into alignment and then tighten the screws back down.

PkuUew5.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin Wolfe

Tele-Holic
Congrats with a comment. Is it me, or is a $2000 guitar supposed to be gone over with a fine tooth comb and free of a crooked tuner? Just asking:rolleyes:
No, it’s not just you…but I’m sure as *#§§ not sending it back.
Is the screw hole actually off? It looks to me like the tuners just weren't held straight when they were tightened on. Try loosening the screw a little until the tuners can move and then push them into alignment and tighten the screw back down. In fact it looks like it starts with the B string tuner. That one looks a little crooked. Maybe loosen both those screws and see if they line up.

EDIT: Actually it does look like the screw holes are aligned properly. Try loosening off the E, B, and G tuner screws and push the machine heads into alignment and then tighten the screws back down.

PkuUew5.jpg
That is a possibility and I hope that’s all it is. I will definitely try that first.

Swift_Foxes

TDPRI Member
The finish and grain on that guitar is awesome. I just got one as a present and it grain doesn't show through like that. Is it just a regular 59s AO or is it a custom shop one?

Kevin Wolfe

Tele-Holic
Just a straight up AO 50’s. I saw your NGD post and I think that helped me make up my mind to pull the trigger.