Anything of interest in Albuquerque?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tdoty, Jan 21, 2018.

1. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Man, I dig ABQ! I used to have a cabin between Taos and Angel Fire and I found all of that area to be lots of great food and nice folks... all the challenges that they have... awfully nice folks...

If you are a fan of Breaking Bad, I'd do the whole tour, get the map of all the places etc... I'd spin up to Santa Fe and eat at the train station and get a green chile burger at Cougars...

I lived in Sewanee for a year... I think my wife bought her wedding dress in decherd... no, it was in Cowan....

had a funny experience at a KFC there once... and ran into Chuck Daniels a couple of times in Monteagle.

2. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Most interesting thing about my visit to ABQ was driving around to all the known Breaking Bad locations. That was fun... if you're a BB fan, anyway.

3. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

yes in 1973 it probably heavenly, so was a lot of the south west , so was a lot of California and Oregon, Martinez, Pleasant hill walnut creek danville were real nice as well. West Berkeley was swell. That was 45 years ago, heck I was kind of a nice guy back then too,o_O all peace love and, understanding.:cry: Times change people change:(

4. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

5. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

I like the valley pretty well, some friends from GA own property there in Franklin Co., though it is probably a shorter drive from the property to Lynchburg than Winchester. I have seen some fairly interesting lake houses on Tim's Ford that looked like they might be nice retirement homes.

ARNO and Nissan are the two big employers aside from city and county government. There is/was an Italian place in Cowan (Sernicola's) that was popular with locals and the Sewanee crowd, but I believe it has changed up and is Nick's Pizza now.

As far as crime in ABQ goes, it is a matter of location. I know some people there that say their area has changed for the worse and they want to get out (and are in the process of building well north of town and selling their place).

getbent likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.