1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone watch the series "Goliath" on Amazon?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by bullfrogblues, Oct 25, 2016.

1. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

What an intriguing series. Billy Bob Thornton is the star, and John Hurt gives one of his best acting performances, IMO.
    Warning, there is way too much profanity for those that don't like it, we aren't crazy about it, but it does fit (sort of) the program.
    https://www.amazon.com/Goliath-Season-1/dp/B01J4SRJFW

2. bullfrogblues

Wow, I can't believe no one is watching this series...

3. threadbare

threadbare Tele-Holic

I plan to check it out this weekend. I'll watch anything with Billy Bob in it

4. bullfrogblues

I don't think you'll be disappointed!

5. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Poster Extraordinaire

I recently watched the first couple episodes- it is very good! I will definitely watch the rest... soon. Billy Bob does a great job (per usual) and John Hurt makes for an excellent villain.

bullfrogblues likes this.
  6. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Wow. I binged it. I didn't set out to, but I couldn't help myself. I was captivated, although I'm not exactly sure why. I can say that I really enjoyed a number of small things. For example, an overweight woman was brought on board Billy Bob's "team," and his first reaction was to mock and belittle her. Soon, however, when the team is stuck on a problem, she chimes in with an ingenious ploy to solve the problem. The show was filled with these kinds of details and micro-stories that constantly captured my attention.

SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT

One running bit throughout the show is Billy Bob's fascination with Indiana University and the Gene Hackman basketball classic, Hoosiers, which he says he has watched 300 times. References to the film are made throughout the show, but nothing much was made of it, though. Except for the scene where he is speaking to a deceased person, promising her that he will keep working. He tells the story of David and Goliath, which he quotes from Hoosiers. It was a cool way to show how obsessive he was about certain things.

McGlamRock and bullfrogblues like this.
  7. vespa1

vespa1 Tele-Meister

I binged it last week. I thought that it was really well done. I see that there are some new Trailer Park Boys episodes, something or other about Europe. Will be binging on that now. Golden Age of Television.

bullfrogblues likes this.
  8. bullfrogblues

I forgot to add that Dwight Yokum plays a very good part in this series as well!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.