Anyone watch Outer Range on Amazon?

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
Never heard of it, maybe I'll give it try. I've really found very little to watch among the modern shows- they always seem to be either deeply involved in a society run by machines (a hopefully temporary perversion of human culture and really not very interesting; sort of an odd combination of frightening and boring) or deeply invested in the sex lives of people whose sex lives I'd rather know as little as possible about.

jkingma

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well we made it to the end of the 2nd episode. That's more than enough for me.

Night Sky however, is great. JK Simmons just gets better with everything he does.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
There was no “there” there.

Remember “Lost” and most of Twin Peaks ?

Yep.

You can tell the writers/show runners hadn’t a clue.

Bummer because Brolin and Lili Taylor are always great but - were wasted in this dum dum horse opera.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I liked it a bit, But like many (most?) of these sci fi/fantasy TV shows, they start fun with a basic concept and then the writer's have no idea where to go... so they start going no where.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I was kind of excited when I started it. I love modern westerns (like Wind River) so, I thought this will be great. I am okay with Josh Brolin. So, good! Then I saw the part with the hole and I thought 'Awesome' because there is an annie proulx short story about a hole to hell where rangers throw jackasses... so, I thought it would be that.

I am a huge Hugh Everett fan (physics dude) so, as I watched I liked that it had that aspect (I guess) but, some of the plot is not engaging for me. I am down to the last episode (maybe) but in no hurry.

I started Dark Winds this week and for the trucks and locale alone and time period, I'm in... but, it feels like it will veer into unneeded (for me) territory.

I'll keep watching for the place and stuff... but, I wish it was a tiny bit more cogent.

HoodieMcFoodie

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I don't really want to give anything away for those who have not seen it all, but the scene with the buffalo stampede could have been so much better with so little effort. When you see it you will know what I mean.