Anyone watch Outer Range on Amazon?

HoodieMcFoodie

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Well since my Night Sky thread sunk so quickly I thought I'd try again with Outer Range.

I wanted to like this show but I think it was trying to be too many things. Josh Brolin was okay but I found the mumbled dialog annoying so I had to turn the subtitles on.
Also I think they tried too hard to add to the storyline with music, some of which didn't really seem to fit. And that Tillerson kid that sang all the time - gimme a break.

I give it a 6 out of 10.

Anyone else?

Otisblove

Tele-Meister
Started strong. I agree with what you said about trying to be too many things. Kind of silly at times. 6 out of 10 sounds about right.

mike stanger

TDPRI Member
I watched the first episode and that was enough for me.

I live about 100 miles from Jackson's Hole, and it's plenty full of normal human weirdness these days. Adding a supernatural twist to the concept was too much for me.

I instantly thought of Lost, the series that never went anywhere in 6 years. No thanks!
I believe any series that has a mystery at its center needs to be no longer than 6-8 episodes at most. Any longer than that always ends up with more plot holes left unfilled than the plot's resolution.

Back when TV still presented those limited special series like Lonesome Dove and Roots, every viewer knew the saga would end at the last episode as soon as they had seen the first episode. Outer Range gave me no clue it was ever going to end.
regards,
stanger

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
My review...

I watched it for Josh Brolin and none other. He was the only reason that I decided to watch.
It was kind of weird and I almost gave up halfway through. It actually picked up about halfway through as the story of Royal and his family started to make sense.

It is kind of weird but I like the premise, and I also found the singing Tillerson boy kind of annoying but in the end I kind of started to like his character.
I think I would sign on for a second season if they decide to go on with it.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Well since my Night Sky thread sunk so quickly I thought I'd try again with Outer Range.

I wanted to like this show but I think it was trying to be too many things. Josh Brolin was okay but I found the mumbled dialog annoying so I had to turn the subtitles on.
Also I think they tried too hard to add to the storyline with music, some of which didn't really seem to fit. And that Tillerson kid that sang all the time - gimme a break.

I give it a 6 out of 10.

Anyone else?
Yes. I thought it was pretty good. Interesting plot so far. Good acting, etc. The real test will be the next season. Hoping the writing doesn't jump the shark which I can see happening with this one.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I'm liking "Outer Range." Nice to see the influences of David Lynch's "Twin Peaks" helping TV stay weird.
Yeah, the kid who sings all the time ... guessing in the real world, he'd get his butt kicked constantly.
Will try "Night Sky" too. It has the guy from Montana who stars in the Farmer's Insurance spots, and I really like him.