1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone using the Guyatone flip echo?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by NorthenLights, Apr 21, 2021.

1. NorthenLights

NorthenLights Tele-Meister

I've been looking at this bad boy for a while, and it looks really promising. I'm a sucker for anything tube related, and I'm a sucker for delay pedals.

How are you guys that own one using it?

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I've wanted one forever, but...I mean what can the tube even possibly actually be doing?
    Other than making a nice warm glow
    [​IMG]

3. SparkleFart

SparkleFart Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I was too when I picked up the echo & tremolo years ago. I presume these are what you reference?

They're marooned on a half-disassembled board in the depths of my closet. I don't know how much the tubes have to do with it but they sound great as I recall. Odd power supply voltage. These days it seems like there are so many options providing more precise control over time-based effects.... I like them enough to hang on to them, but I've been in a minimal effects phase the last couple years. Hence relegation to storage. :lol:

flip.jpg

VonBonfire likes this.
  4. NorthenLights

NorthenLights Tele-Meister

From my experience with the T rex room mate reverb, I'd say that the tube dirties the tone up a bit, in a good way. It adds a subtle bit of compression and grit, which is great for making digital effects sound more organic. At least, that's how I hear it.

Those are the ones! I've got the tremolo as well, which has made be curious about the rest of the line. But they are hard to find, even more so at a reasonable price. I actually bought a new power supply specifically so I could run it without hassle! It's a great little box to have I think. Best pedal tremolo I've ever used. Have you tried using it as a boost?

You wouldn't be interested in parting with the echo would you? :rolleyes:

5. SparkleFart

SparkleFart Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I have not. Thank you for the tip--I'll give it a try when I resurrect that board!

You know, I hate to disappoint but I'm going to hang on to it for now. My interest in effects (beyond od & distortion) is cyclical, so it will eventually return. In any case, best of luck with your quest!

NorthenLights likes this.
  6. Gin Mill Cowboy

Gin Mill Cowboy Tele-Meister

Had one years ago and loved it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.