1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone using an Allen Sweet Spot?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by eastendmartinguy, Feb 27, 2021.

1. eastendmartinguy

eastendmartinguy TDPRI Member

This is an amp I've always been interested in based on it's specs.

Just missed out on a used one, which would have been a great way to try it out. I know there are a lot tweaked F style boutique clones out there (I've played several) but it seems like the Sweet Spot has been pretty revered over the years.

Anyone using one?

2. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have their smallest amp, the Classic 10, and it’s great. If I ever have the chance to pick up another used Allen, I will do it.

3. kLyon

kLyon Tele-Holic

I've got one. I bought it from a guy in Florida who put it together from one of Allen's kits; he did a great job. It's a bigger cabinet than the standard Princeton size, but has a 10" in it. It sounds great (it basically knocked my old Tone King Imperial out of being my local gigging amp - back when there was local gigging, that is...))

theprofessor likes this.
  4. Ed Storer

Ed Storer Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mine came in kit form 11 years ago. It's been bulletproof. Top quality components, oversize transformers that will run 6L6 or 6V6 power tubes.

I ordered mine with an Emi Li'l Texas and it sounds very good to me. I'm running JJ 6V6 power tubes and new production Tung Sol 12AX7 preamp tubes' and a JAN Philips 12AT7 reverb driver.

Highly recommended.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.