Anyone using 2 OCD's??

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by aarondowns22, Dec 29, 2013.

1. aarondowns22

aarondowns22 Tele-Meister

Hey guys, I currently have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 on my board and an OCD. I use the fulldrive for "dirty" rhythm and the OCD for real overdrive stuff. I love my OCD and over the last few days have been playing around with it and noticed that I love the lower gain settings on the OCD better than my fulldrive for dirty rhythm. Would it be crazy to get rid of the fulldrive and just get another OCD and have one on a lower gain setting and the other on a higher? Is anyone doing anything like that? Obviously the goal here is to not have to change gain and volume settings from song to song in a live situation. Thanks!

hrstrat57 likes this.
  2. TheHoneyMonster

TheHoneyMonster Tele-Meister

i sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to do. i say go for it

3. teleprompted

teleprompted Tele-Meister

I love the ocd. Use it as low gain. But the higher gain settings are great too, really smooth. I wanted to do the same thing, get a second to use for higher gain stuff. I decided not to and instead find another drive pedal that would pair well with it. But there's nothing wrong with having two. Its a great versatile pedal. Let us know how it goes if you pull the trigger

4. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Isn't that getting a little ummmmm....OCD? :p

I use my OCD clone as a low gain OD and while I'd love to have a Fulldrive I can use my tc Booster + Distortion in somewhat the same manner. If I flip it over to the distortion side it's a low gain OD and then I can jack the gain on the OCD clone or I can stack them.

5. aarondowns22

I guess I could keep trying new ones. I just know that when I go from the ocd to the fulldrive I'm always disappointed....

6. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I remember seeing a pedal board with 2 of the same pedal on it and it took me a moment to figure out why.
    I'd say, if you're gigging and it's important to you to have to flavors of the same thing under your toe, it's a great idea.

7. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Or set the OCD for your grainy lead tone and roll back guitar vol pot for dirty rhythm tone. Supposed to have great vol knob dynamics.

8. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Not crazy at all. I have had several pedals with different sweet spots that I wished I could somehow access without having to try and turn dials on the fly. If you sell the Fulldrive and buy a used OCD you may even come out ahead, and the OCD uses less pedalboard space.

9. aarondowns22

That's true.....

10. JG806

JG806 Tele-Holic

I have an OCD V3 and a Joyo UD (clone) on my board. Use the OCD for low gain and UD for med/high. Although honestly the UD gives me a different flavor. It is a little darker and has a lot of gain on tap. Still it is in the OCD territory and works great for me.
    Also had a FD2 for a while. It didn't work for me. That's when I went for the 2 OCD combo.

FWIW - I've also had the Mooer Hustle Drive which is another clone. It is more like the OCD. Ultimately I prefered the Joyo UD for higher gain.

11. Mikecito

Mikecito TDPRI Member

IMG_20170104_213747801_HDR.jpg

hrstrat57 and Fred Rogers like this.
  12. Redvers

Redvers Tele-Meister

I just built an OCD. I can see why you'd want two.

13. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

Sounds like a perfect rig to me.

I run OCD and Soulfood never stacked, one or the other. 2 OCD would be just as good or better.

14. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.