Anyone use and like the Deltalab TO-1(formerly TD-1)?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by schenkadere, Jan 31, 2011.

1. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I had one and can't remember why I ditched it. I think it was too nasally like many of the TS herd. Maybe someone can refresh my memory or tell me why they do like it?

The Green Screamer seems to have a bit less of that quality which I like...but I'm thinking of trying the TO-1 again...I remember it being very smooth...the GS has some grain that I could do without.

2. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

This video demo by Jude Gold is a little over the top, and he's playing through a PRS and a Dr. Z amp that's been mic'd with what looks like a kick-ass microphone, but it sounds pretty nice to me.

3. schenkadere

Yeah...I don't think those are great demos...he's not really showing the individual pedals...more of a paid endorsement.

4. schenkadere

Got one...love it...knocked off the BBE Green Screamer which is now on ebay. It's super smooth...a touch less gain than the GC, but no grain...so sweet and warm...right up my alley.

5. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

What's the difference between The TD-1 and the TO-1 ? there was another thread showing the TD-1 on sale for 29.99 and I seee that the TO-1 is 49.99

6. schenkadere

Same pedal. When they first came out they were TD-1 Tube Driver...Butler created a law suit over the name. They stopped production and finally released the TO-1 Tube Overdrive. Now they have B-stock in the stores that are TD-1s with a label over the name saying Tube Overdrive. Those are the 29.99 deals...the new in box TO-1 is 39.99 in store.

Anyway...exact same pedal.

7. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

I'm going to go check one out a GC later.

8. schenkadere

I hope you like it. It really surprises me that more people don't like this pedal.

I think everyone is too quick to jump on the GC hate bandwagon since this is now their brand. Sure it's a Chinese made pedal(not that I wouldn't rather buy American)...probably with crap components...but it doesn't cost much and it really does have a hearty casing and a 5 year warranty. It seems as good to me as any of the other Chinese pedals people seem to like, but all I know is what I hear...and I really like it.

I think the delay is another great value. I'm thinking of checking out the new phaser too.

9. Impulse

Impulse Tele-Meister

It's just another cheap TubeScreamer clone isn't it? The differences probably come from the quality of parts and their tolerance values.

10. schenkadere

It is...but there's an obvious smoothness to it that makes the difference to me. Many players like some grit, so it may not suit them...it just works for me.

11. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Just got back from GC, they had a bunch of the old rebadged version on clearance for $29.99. I snapped one up to try. After a brief test run this thing is a great sounding OD. Like you say nice and smooth. Sounds great through my Blues Jr. and it sounds better than my Bad monkey through my Bandit 65. Great deal for $29.

12. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

It doesn't have the mid hump of a TS pedal. This pedal comes the closest of any I've tried to match the tube overdrive on my blues Jr. I just played for about a half hour and I'm really digging this pedal.

13. schenkadere

I'm really glad you like it...it's a great surprise, isn't it?...sounds like it should cost a whole lot more! Smooooooooth!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.