Anyone tried a Pod Go or modelling sim on an acoustic amp? Roland AC60?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Craig Williams, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Tele-Meister

Anybody tried their Pod go or modeler on an acoustic amp? Specifically Roland AC60. Have some great reviews and stereo. Don't have an effects loop but do have a stereo Aux in

2. nedorama

nedorama Tele-Meister

I've used amp sims directly into a PA cabinet, which would be similar to an acoustic amp - they're full frequency. Plan on spending time at wherever you're playing adjusting tones and turning down the gain - lots of gain works at home, it makes your tone collapse live.

3. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

They are full frequency... that's a good start. However, acoustic amps are not even close to flat, which would be a bit of an issue. IME, a decent Keyboard amp is a better platform for a modeler than an acoustic amp is. Better yet... an actual FRFR or a quality stage monitor.

I see you mention the Roland has a Stereo AUX IN..... that might bypass the EQ curve of a typical acoustic amp and serve you well. BUT, if you are looking at buying something I'd aim for a proper solution over "let's try it and see".

4. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Tele-Meister

I have since found out doing a bit of research the Aux in is in fact Stereo and works well however the Aux doesn't go to the line outs should you wish to hook it up to a PA. I have changed my thinking to maybe a Roland JC40, has stereo front amp inputs and stereo return effects loop.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.