1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone taking thyroid medication?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Apr 3, 2020.

1. HighlonesomeF5

HighlonesomeF5 TDPRI Member

I went the other way, hyperthyroid. My doctor wanted me to take a pill and come in 3 days later for X-rays. I did some research, turns out the pill was radioactive and could cause a thyroid storm. Nice that the doc didn't mention that. Found an natural leaning endocrinologist. Put me on tapazole and vitamins. Had a bad action to the tapazole. The dr refused to believe it was the med even though its a symptom. Once she started pushing surgery I started looking for a naturopath. Since working with this dr I have been doing better. Very slow recovery.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. HighlonesomeF5

HighlonesomeF5 TDPRI Member

More specifically I have Graves disease and under traditional treatment was going back forth between hyper and hypo. Eyes began bulging, beginning to look like Marty Feldman, a common symptom. Again under naturopath doing much better.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Friend of Leo's

Been on levothyroxine for five years now.Initially it seemed to help with my energy but not so much after the first few months. Every once in a whle they tweak my dosage based on the blood tests I get every three months for another medication that can wreck your liver.

Last year the doc raised my dosage and I had trouble sleeping. He reduced it again and I was okay. earlier this year he raised it again and I'm not sleeping well again. But since I'm at high risk for Covid-19 (because of pulmonary fibrosis) I'm staying in, and these days I can sleep as late as I need to and take afternoon naps. That makes the sleep loss easy to cope with.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Glad you found a way, and that you are doing better.

5. Toto'sDad

Good luck all around, hope you get better.

eclecticsynergy likes this.
  6. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Friend of Leo's

My wife had a big nodule onto her thyroid: six years ago she had to have half of her thyroid removed.

For now the other half is providing enough hormones but there are several small nodules onto it, so she may need to have it 100% removed in a few years.

Glad the meds are working great for you TD, without side effects.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. Toto'sDad

Best wishes for your wife's health, and I hope everything turns out alright. Thank you for your post.

EsquireBoy likes this.
  8. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Friend of Leo's

Thanks a lot TD! I hope you will continue to do well with the levotirox.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.