Anyone take a lesson with Johnny Hiland?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by teletail, Apr 5, 2020.

1. teletail

teletail Tele-Holic

Just curious. I’ve been working his videos on Truefire and wondered if anyone had taken a lesson from him.

seems like a nice guy, very patient, good at explaining.

2. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

I don’t think I’m good enough to take up his time...I’d have to woodshed for about a year just to get there. I’m sure it would be instructive, though.

3. teletail

teletail Tele-Holic

I wouldn’t sell yourself short. We’re our own harshest critics.

4. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

Sometimes with good reason...:eek:

I’ve had several instructors as an adult. Of the 4, I’ve bonded with 2. One when I was first getting serious about electric and the other when I was just starting to develop with bass. The other two I learned things from, but not consistently. To be fair, in every case I had to stop and start with work assignments remote from home. What I should have done is find instructors at those remote locations....or just practice more. Much more.

Still, for me to go to a name player like Johnny Hiland just seems a step too far. I’m sure that he would be gracious and instructive. Just that it would be sort of like a high school kid taking a post graduate level class.

teletail likes this.
  5. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

If you have the chance and the money, do it. Just make sure you make a video that you can go back and refer to because you won't remember everything that he goes over.

teletail likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.