Anyone still have their very first pedal on their board?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by adamgdog, Aug 21, 2017.

1. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

My first was a Maestro Fuzztone that I got in '66 or '67. I don't remember what happened to it, but the oldest pedal I still have is a Morley Wah that I've had for 30 years or so.

2. Hallo Spencer

Hallo Spencer TDPRI Member

Well... my first pedal was a Korg AX-1G multi like this:
    [​IMG]
    ...I think that answers the question. It had a very cool sitar drone effect and a pretty badass resonant low pass filter, though...
    But my first "real" pedal was a Boss Blues Driver and is always with me when I pull out my guitar occasionally (mostly a bassist atm).

3. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

My first "pedal" was the "Little Muff" in this same form-factor!
    I plugged it into the front of my Fender Jaguar - my first "real" guitar.

It didn't sound too bad, actually. Well, to me at the time, anyway. Obviously, not a great design, physically.
    Served me well for a while in my very first band.
    I must've just tossed it out, at some point. I went looking for it in my old bins a while back, just out of curiosity, but I couldn't find it.

Seriously.
    Mine stopped working years ago. When I opened it up to see if I could fix it, it had quite literally, just fallen apart inside the box. And after seeing how it was made, I was surprised it had held up as long as it did.
    Actually, it's one of the reasons I won't buy an EH stompbox, to this day.

4. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

no - the 1st pedal I ever had was a Kay fuzz pedal. it was useless. it didn't sound like Black Sabbath at all.

I have no idea what became of it, but I don't miss it.

5. Linkslover

Linkslover Tele-Meister

Yes.

Digitech Screaming Blues. Nice smooth bluesy gain. Subtle without dirtying things up too much.

6. Direwolf

Direwolf Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Sort of. The first pedal I bought was a Thomas Organ Crybaby sometime around 71-72. I use it to record but not if I gig. I haven't modded it at all so it's not true bypass and a huge tone suck.

7. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

I still have two of the first pedals I ever bought, one is the Maestro Phaser and the other is a Ross Delay, both from the mid-late 70s. They are NOT on my pedal board because they are the size of my pedal board and weigh as much as a small combo amp.

8. NorthenLights

NorthenLights Tele-Meister

The first pedal I ever used was a dano fab distortion, borrowed from the rythm guitar player in my first band. He had rich parents, and a horrible taste when it came to gear. Probably the single worst pedal I've ever used.

The first pedal I bought myself was a crybaby. I trief to like it, since it was THE wah metal guitarists used, but secretly I always hated it. Sold it to the rythm guitar player in my second band when I left. Curiously, he also had a terrible taste in gear

9. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

TS9. Still own and use one but it's a different one.

awasson likes this.
  10. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

My first ever pedal was an Ibanez STL Super Tube Lead, must have been the early 80s when I bought it.
    It's not on my main board, but on my back-up/session board to boost and fire up my lead channel and my Hartley Benton AC Tone.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.