Anyone snagged the Eastwood take on the coodercaster?

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I've been tempted
1653485833093.png

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm making some parts for replicating that pickup, and I'm very interested/skeptical about how eastwood has handled it.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
Interesting. If I can track down the parts, it could be the 4th iteration of my Fender Duo (originally HS configuration). Although I wonder if the steel guitar bridge pickup might keep pulling the handle on my whammy!

20210426_175142.jpg

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Installed 6 treble bleeds over the years. Removed 5. The last one was variable, so I just turned it down. Just didn't like what they did.
they are not generally speaking really treble "bleeds", so much as they are treble "adds"

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
I remember the guy in the first video now. He's the cat that used to do the cool bluesy demos for Roadhouse Pickups. I can't say for sure but the bridge pickup does resemble the sound of my old Supro lap steel. I haven't plugged it in for a few months so I'm hesitant to say so.
Also, I never made a video demo but would probably make one wearing a Teri Jon Top if somebody buys me the Cooder Caster.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
In honor of blowtorch's return, I'm going to be obnoxiously honest.

If I can hear the acoustic sound of the electric's strings it makes me angry. That is a huge distraction and completely unnatural unless you only play in your bedroom. Both vids suck in this regard.

The second vid: "most of the time when I 've found coodercasters in the wild..." umm, how many coodercasters has she seen? I've been playing for 30+ years and have seen exactly none. She also has voice immodulation (also known as Van Orten Syndrome) and talks too loud CONSTANTLY.

I pretty much hate both of those people.

Anyways... I still want one of those guitars. If I hadn't just spent $1k on dumb guitar stuff I'd be shopping for one now.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
umm, how many coodercasters has she seen?
Ellen is kinda a big deal in the scenes. She's prob seen a few (I also have seen none, after decades out there)

I agree that her vocalizations and energy levels are sorta annoying

KokoTele

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
they are not generally speaking really treble "bleeds", so much as they are treble "adds"

Not “adds,” since you can’t add anything with a passive circuit. They're bypass caps or high pass filters. The cap lets the treble frequencies bypass the volume pot. The bigger the cap, the lower that cutoff frequency.

What is that snazzy tailpiece?

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Not “adds,” since you can’t add anything with a passive circuit. They're bypass caps or high pass filters. The cap lets the treble frequencies bypass the volume pot. The bigger the cap, the lower that cutoff frequency.
They are adds though, in the sense of: listen to a guitar with and then without the treble "bleed" circuit.
The one with that circuit certainly has more top end zing available

I know and respect that you're a professional guitar tinkerer. But you know what I'm sayin here to be true. The truth is yes, it's semantics. The standard setup sans circuit "bleed" allows less high end frequency through

KokoTele

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
It’s a trick.It’s not adding anything. It can’t. It’s turning down the mids and the bass, and allowing the highs not to be affected by the volume pot. If you’re not listening carefully, you interpret that as adding treble, but the treble hasn't changed.