1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone seen these Joyo amps yet?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by joyster, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Hi, Feargal. Yes, these have been on my radar for a while - quite local to me as well.

2. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

Good price on those Torres amps Tony seen as they're all on sale.. anyone here own one?

3. Feargal

Feargal Tele-Holic

I think I feel an attack of gas coming on.:lol:

4. Tony474

Looks as if the ones on sale are mostly ex-demo units rather than brand new, not that it makes much difference. I've never encountered a Torres amp in person, but I've heard some favourable comments and read a magazine review some time ago of the 20W British Invasion model. If I recall, build quality and finish were said to be very good indeed but not completely faultless. Altogether my recollection is that the review was pretty positive but didn't inspire me sufficiently to rush out and try one that very day.

5. cband7

cband7 Friend of Leo's

Must be the real deal since the ad clearly states that "Jim Would Play These"

.....who the hell is Jim?

Attached Files:

6. Mrtelly

Mrtelly TDPRI Member

7. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

i read that was the same as the korg pitch black, even built in same factory. wonder if there is any truth to that,
    chris.

8. Tony474

That was me, on this thread (post 74). I don't know if it's true either, but it's what one particular advertiser in the UK claimed. I wouldn't be at all surprised. The shape of the casing is different from the Korg item, but it works fine and does its job perfectly, which is really all you can ask from a tuner and it's all I need to know.

9. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Tele-Afflicted

I used to have that Joyo tuner, but I fried it. I then bought a Korg Pitch Black. They're not exactly the same (you can easily tell just by looking at the display), but the Joyo tuner wasn't bad.

10. ovohm

ovohm TDPRI Member

Hi Guys,

i'm having some problems with the Yoosmart web site and it seems impossible to get in contact with them.
    I do not know if the Chinese holyday can be the reason for that but I'm worried I lost my money.
    Has anyone an idea about how to contact this guys? Anyone traded with them before?

Thanks for Your help and sorry for my poor english

OVOHM

11. Tony474

Quick update on the Joyo tuner I've mentioned: I noticed that the display was getting a bit blurred and, long story short, it turned out that the plastic "lens" over the light-panel had unstuck itself and was coming away from the casing. Popped it back in place and no further problems. If it happens again a drop or two of Evo-Stik should secure it permanently. Otherwise the tuner's functionality is still 100%.

12. ovohm

ovohm TDPRI Member

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever dealt with a Company called Yoosmart.
    How was to deal with them in case?
    anyone did have problems with this Company?

13. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

Any updates on these amps? Has anyone here actually bought one yet?

14. Tele-Monster

Tele-Monster Friend of Leo's

Do these amps actually exist?

15. sidneystreet

sidneystreet Tele-Afflicted

I'm beginning to have my doubts. I can't recall a single person who has seen them in person. Those actively trying to purchase one seem to hit nothing but dead ends.

16. sergeant.salt

sergeant.salt TDPRI Member

Hi fellow wood fondlers!
    I'm new to this forum as a member, although I've been lurking about here as a peeping Tom;) Great forum, lots of handy info!

So.. Some time ago I got rid of my Fender Super Twin Reverb which was a wonderful amp in many respects - It just got a bit heavy to haul around and more importantly 180 Watts simply was wayyyy too much for my small apartment. Impossible to crank, even in a band situation. I'm in transition, stuck with an old solid state Peavey Express and miss the Fender tube cleans badly!

By chance, I've gotten in touch with, let's say.., an insider who can set me up with a JTA amp directly from the factory. Originally I was considering the JTA-22, but this is not available right now, so instead I'm considering the JTA-40 (http://www.joyochina.cn/en/product/show_149.html) and the JTA-12 (http://www.joyochina.cn/en/product/show_148.html). Prices are very, very good compared to the offers on yoosmart.com. I really don't want to go into detail, as this is kind of a private arrangement.

So... the reason I am turning to the expert panel;) on this forum is that I've never plugged into a 50's Fender Tweed, nor have I tried a modern clone. I've tried to research these amps on youtube and elsewhere, but all I hear are these amps breaking up into heavenly creamy/fuzzy sounds. Since I'm not adding an amp to a wide range of other amps, but rather want one amp to do my thing when recording at home or bringing it to practice with my friends every now and then, I don't want to get stuck with a one-trick-pony - even though the pony might be a thoroughbread stallion;)

So have anybody played these tweeds? How do they do cleans? How do they compare to the twins?

I've played many Fender amps, including BF Twins from the 60's and a 60's Deluxe Reverb (which I loved to the extent of considering selling my GF to afford it;) The Deluxe Reverb was actually the reason why I stumbled across the Joyo amps in the first place. I was looking for a crankable clean tube amp with the classic shimmery-sparkling cleans that weren't gonna destroy my budget (or rid me of my woman. Or both.)

I of course do not think that a Chinese clone will be exactly like the real vintage deal, but unlike a few cynics, I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to make a decent clone of a pretty straight forward circuitry design. I also happen to be the very happy owner of this monster of an amazing integrated all tube stereo amp: http://coemaudio.com.au/Amplifiers/Integrated-Amplifiers/136/ Amazing build, point-to-point soldering. (I bought this four years ago, directly from Hong Kong for less than a fourth of what this Aussie site is charging.)

Any opinions on this grave matter?
    Oh, and I certainly will review it extensively on this site if I decide to go for it..

Thanks,
    M

_ _ _ _
    Oh, and I have shaved down my guitar collection over the last years, perhaps succumbing to the boring realism of me not becoming a guitar hero. In my amp, I'll be plugging in:

A nice ESP strat, an '82 Ibanez Artist (all orig.) or my Hayman 3030 (a weird british axe from way back) - sorry no Tele's at the moment - although I often borrow my friends fanTASTIC Tokai Tele.

17. Tony474

Hi and welcome to the forum. Can't help you with your enquiry, I'm afraid, but I can tell you that there's nothing weird about a Hayman 3030! Lovely guitars built by Jack Golder in Romford, with a lot of Burns heritage. I've had three Hayman guitars. Production ceased when Dallas Arbiter went out of business in 1974 following the, ahem, "mysterious" fire at their flagship London store, the Soundhouse. But the similar Shergold guitars continued for a while after that and are also very nice indeed if you can find one these days. BTW, I too have among other guitars an ESP 400-series Strat (as well as a Tele from the same range) and a Tokai Tele - properly a "Breezysound". Good, aren't they?

18. Udonitron

Udonitron TDPRI Member

Tokai Tele's FTW! :D

[​IMG]

19. sergeant.salt

I must say, that was a quick response to my debut on this forum!

Ah, I love my Hayman. It's been with me since bought I it second hand when I was 14 (back in '89). It was my first electric guitar, and I'll never part with it. The thick purple finish is coming off in flakes and the overwound humbuckers makes its usage area perhaps a little narrow, but I love the sounds coming out of it - in particular the lush overdriven leads when turning up the gain. To me, 'weird' is definitely positive in this regard - much like Uncool is a good place to come from;)

Yes, the Breezysound Tele is great. My ESP is a Vintage Plus, but I have actually owned two 400 series, which I regrettably sold. I've also owned a few standard am. strats, but I actually prefer the ESP to the standard Fenders. When I win the lottery, I'm going for a pre-CBS strat;)

Thanks for the info on the Hayman - I knew about the Burns connection, but the rest is new to me. She's on my knee right now..

M

20. sergeant.salt

Gorgeous!!!! Me wants. I'm a sucker for that natural finish!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.