Anyone recognize these pickups ?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by fws6, Nov 21, 2012.

1. fws6

fws6 TDPRI Member

Hi guys I hope some of you can help me out. I just bought a partscaster , which in the middle has a Strat PU and in the neck a standard looking Tele PU. The previous owner told me they are Duncans, but I emailed customer service and turns out they're not Seymour Duncan.

Can anyone tell me what brand / models ? Both have a bar magnet underneath.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. spankdplank

spankdplank Tele-Afflicted

They look like generic import/asian pups to me. Ceramic bar magnets and steel poles rather than alnico rod magnets, plastic bobbins rather than fiber board, and the metal covers are slightly rounded and look like the thick chromed brass covers you see on cheap imports. Who knows, maybe they sound great, maybe not, but they are not high end pups and are not made the same way Duncans/Frallins/Vintage Fenders and other top end pickps are made.

3. fws6

fws6 TDPRI Member

Thanks

Anyone else have an idea ?

They didnt sound like cheapo PUs. The guitar was an older tele that was modded a while ago. The bridge PU was a Duncan Hot Rails so I dont know why they would have gone for el cheapo on these other PUs ?

4. Five-O

Five-O Tele-Afflicted

Don't know why they'd do that either, but who knows why modders do what we do, and regardless of how they sound to you, I agree with spankdplank, they appear to be cheaper generic pickups, that can be found on many entry level guitars.

5. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

A friend of mine gave me an Epiphone Tele neck pickup that looked just like the one you have. Probably made in China.

There were probably alot of asian made "Tele" pickups that looked the same.

6. southwoodgtars

southwoodgtars Tele-Holic

If they sound good who cares if they are cheapies. Sometimes there is no more logic to it than how they sound to you. I bought some of those non gfs strat pickups they have on the clearance section of guitar fetish and man did they sound good to me fer $15. Sometimes money and name don't mean squat. Rock them if they sound good!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.