Anyone Play a PRS amp?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by justin.ramsey, May 28, 2014.

1. Treynor

Treynor Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I picked up my Dallas 50 Combo last year in a trade. It is one of my favorite amps...sorta like a Deluxe Reverb done better.

2C583D53-984B-4D94-8A42-E33D02F3F560.jpeg

bullfrogblues likes this.
  2. Matt Sarad

Matt Sarad Tele-Meister

I got the amp today. Clean as a whistle with paisley material instead of Tolex with a flamed maple front, it sings. I unwrapped it, plugged it into a Dan Armstrong sealed back cabinet with a 15” Cerwin Vega speaker, and started twisting knobs. With treble, mid, and bass pots, volume on both channels with master volume on both as well, I had it dialed in after ten minutes.
    The reverb seems to be digital rather than spring: a different sound, but not objectionable. I plugged in my SG with Throbak TTop PAFs since my Tele and Strat are in the rehearsal studio.
    Clean channel sounds great. Drive channel gave me glorious feedback at a decent volume.
    50 watts with headroom to spare got me tone I like without cranking to 10.

I have been struggling with my Tweed Deluxes live, and my 1980 Black Face Deluxe Reverb was not giving me the tone I was listening for unless it was cranked.
    I suspect I might pull a Bonamassa and have three amps in a row with switches to choose depending on the song.

3. GearHund

GearHund Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I had this Blue Sierra 50 watter for a while. It was a pretty good sounding amp but I got the GAS for a Mesa TA-30 and traded it.

One of my dumber moves as I later regretted it. Not because of the TA-30 (a very nice amp itself) but because the prices on the paisley PRS amps went crazy and I'll never afford another.

PRS1.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.