Anyone own any Rock Star/Celebrity Owned and Played Instruments

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Django123, Jan 8, 2020.

1. -PickupTruck-

-PickupTruck- Tele-Meister

2. Django123

Django123 TDPRI Member

That is sick!!

3. Django123

Django123 TDPRI Member

Whats the story with the Kurt Cobain guitar?

4. Bluetelecaster

Bluetelecaster Tele-Holic

I bought and restored the old Gibson banjo that Marc Pruett used on the Ricky Skaggs " Bluegrass Rules" album and toured with from Marc. It had been dropped and busted by another intoxicated "celeb". Made a couple grand profit when I sold it. Screenshot_20200114-112638.png

That Cal Webway likes this.
  5. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Afflicted

Hey guys. Sorry for the confusion. But to clear things up, this was a tongue in cheek comment. I believe the pawn shop guy said, "most people don't know that Kurt Cobain used this DS-1 pedal on Nevermind". For $20 you can be pretty sure it's not actually Kurt's.
    (silver label) So zero chance.

:oops:

GGardner and matmosphere like this.
  6. Django123

Django123 TDPRI Member

Anyone else with stuff

7. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

Thats my amp..now its a 4 holer 2204 rebuilt with some great marshall parts over a period of time. Steve Conte, Ny Dolls & Company of Wolves conte.jpg

dented and brookdalebill like this.
  8. eMGee

eMGee Friend of Leo's

Bought my CS Nocaster Relic from GC in Sherman Oaks, CA. The salesman who sold it to me said it was a trade-in from one of the Ventures.

9. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Tell him he's much appreciated.

How did this happen? Great band live.

I work with 1 of his bandmates that can prob id it.

Winner winner! My fave metal band still.

I have a Big Muff from 1 of the guys that was in that other Billy Corgan band. Still has his initials on it in marker.

Supposedly, the 50's trapeze tailpiece I have from an ES225T came off the guitar that went to Dylan bought from a shop in Quebec after Norm wouldn't sell him the modded 225T Dylan initially borrowed. The shop in Quebec modded their 225 in the same manner Dylan requested & had the trapeze left over. Supposedly.

10. AndyPanda

AndyPanda Tele-Holic

I sold my old Hohner Clavinet on eBay years ago. It is distinctive because I added some heavy duty luggage latches and also had to make a repair to the broken power jack while on the road and I recognize my make shift repair job. I had to pause the video and stare when I saw this - it is definitely my old clav that I sold on eBay
    StevieClav.jpg

11. Clive Hugh

Clive Hugh Tele-Afflicted

01E14CD1-DAF8-4415-BC7E-128D41CEDAAF.jpeg My Dual Showman head was used by Vinnie Moore for a Fender promotion here in Australia, which he duly signed. Love the amp, got it running a paid of Eminence Patriots Red White and Blues in an open backed cabinet. Love it.

12. Django123

Django123 TDPRI Member

very nice

13. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

This might push the definition of celebrity. I have both a wonderful Collings electric and Santa Cruz acoustic where I learned the late Bill Collings and Richard Hoover had more hands on than usual for both. If I can believe a call to Collings, they said Bill was hands all over the first of the model I have. Both are amazing examples of what humans can do with their hands and tools.

14. Seasicksailor

Seasicksailor Friend of Leo's

Oh you know... the usual situation... I mugged him. I discovered that people are happy to relinquish their guitar if their life appears to be in danger. Pro-tip! :p

He has lots of guitars apparently. I think he just wanted to 'thin the herd'. I did make it clear though that he could buy it back if he changed his mind. I feared he might for a while actually... but it's been a long time now, so I think it's unlikely. It's still as I got it. The 4-way switch has been acting up a bit lately though and I might need to change a couple of tuning keys soon.
    Apparently, it's a mid-80s Japanese model, with SD Antiquities. I have it in standard tuning, but he used to tune it down to C sharp.

bender66 likes this.
  15. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Holic

my martin om used to belong to the drummer for les paul and nokie edwards

2 Headed Goat likes this.
  16. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

I had an original factory test bed 1953 Strat with the first incarnation of tremolo. It was plain wood, pine, I think, with no serial number and Tele style knobs. Quite a thick U shared maple neck, weird tuners. Then, I woke up!

17. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

This belonged to Wendy O. Williams....
    99E4BB19-4222-479D-96D6-FAF0554BA9F7.jpeg

18. Si G X

Si G X Tele-Afflicted

I sold one of my guitars to a rock star, does that count?

They aren't world famous or anything but they have records and they tour the UK/Europe and he still plays the guitar I sold him, which is cool for me every time I see it.

19. Chum

Chum TDPRI Member

20191001_131121-01.jpeg
    20191001_130411-01.jpeg 20191001_131441-01.jpeg
    received_2450426598527805.jpeg received_488013425382760.jpeg
    received_658453827976935.jpeg
    This is a 1990s Gibson Firebird that was sold to me by a very good friend of mine who had in turn bought it from Ishibashi in Japan. The guitar's first owner was said to have been Susumu Nishikawa of the band Junk Funk Punk. The guitar pic (screenshot provided) can be seen on the Junk Funk Punk Website under the heading "Instruments" used by the band. I have also included a shot of the Certificate issued by Ishibashi. The guitar also can be briefly seen in one of the JFPs' videos on Youtube. I have tried reaching out to Nishikawa san but he has not replied.
    The guitar has a lot checking and wear, and at one point, the bridge pickup cover had been desoldered, and the pickup wss held in place by duct tape. I resoldered the cover and it is now rock solid =)
    It has a unique sound, that much I can say. I have decided to keep it as stock as when I got it to preserve the look it had when it was owned by Nishikawa san.
    Hope you like it =)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  20. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

Peter Frampton was my next door neighbor when I was a kid. I had a Strat that he shot up with a .22. I wish I kept it, but it ended up in the trash.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.