Anyone own a 2004 American Deluxe Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by rclark43, Aug 6, 2020.

1. rclark43

rclark43 TDPRI Member

Got offered a 2004 deluxe strat for $825. Very good condition. Any thoughts on these? Fair price for early 2000s?

Attached Files:

2. Rattfink

Rattfink TDPRI Member

Yes, and I love it. To me, the neck is where it's at! Mine is/was a HSS with the LSR roller nut, but I recently swapped all all the electronics out for some Bootstrap pickups and a blender pot. The pickups were actually decent, but I can't leave things alone... I would not hesitate at that price if I were in the market.

rclark43 likes this.
  3. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

All I can say is I have a 2005 that I got new in 2006 for around $1100, and 14 years later I still love it. Some people don't like the SCN pickups and/or don't find much use for the S1 switch's options, but I like 'em both. It seems to me the SCN's like sitting a touch higher than people usually recommend for Strat pickups, but as always, let your ears guide you there.

$825 looks low-ish compared to recent sales on Reverb:

https://reverb.com/p/fender-american-deluxe-stratocaster-2004-2010

This page encompasses a few years' worth of American Deluxe Strats, but I believe their specs were consistent throughout these years.

You can also check completed listings on eBay for more data on prices. Make sure to select only completed listings so that you see what buyers have actually paid, and not what sellers would like to get.

rclark43 likes this.
  4. Rattfink

Rattfink TDPRI Member

Strat.jpg Strat2.jpg

rclark43 likes this.
  5. jddub440

jddub440 Tele-Holic

I have an '04 or '05 and it's my main guitar. It's the only piece of equipment I know I will never ever sell or part with....i kinda wanna be cremated with that strat! Mine was about $1,100 brand new if I remember correctly.
    Edit: that one has the S1 switch on the volume knob right??

rclark43 likes this.
  6. rclark43

rclark43 TDPRI Member

Yup!

jddub440 likes this.
  7. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Nice looking Strat; the pickguard has been changed as have the pickup covers and possibly the entire bridge pickup - it looks like there is some writing on the bridge pickup, and the SCN pickups only had raised "SCN" letters molded into the covers, not a painted on logo like the earlier Vintage Noiseless pickups and the later N3, N4 and current "Ultra Noiseless" pickups. I also can't tell from the photo if it has the S-1 switch in the volume pot - it should have the S-1 from the factory. You don't show the back of the body but it should have a contoured neck heel.

I suggest getting the serial number and running it through Fender's serial number lookup to see just to see if it comes up as a sunburst to verify if it's just the electronics that have been changed or if it's a different body as well. If it's just the electronics changed then $825 if a decent price, if it's a total parts assembly then you should try going a little lower than that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.