Anyone order from Wilde pickups lately?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Lou Tencodpees, May 15, 2021.

1. Lou Tencodpees

Lou Tencodpees TDPRI Member

I reached out to Becky but never heard back. I'm thinking about trying an L48-TL on one of my parts teles, curious about the radius of the blades. I have a 10-16 Warmoth neck on this guitar and wonder if the 2 will play nice in that position.

Before I order I just want to be sure they're still in operation.

2. eallen

eallen Friend of Leo's

Up and strong! They just relocated to Georgia a couple weeks ago so I am sure they are still doing some setup.

Fretboard radius is really a non issue on a well made pickup. That is even more so with a radius of 16 over the blades being quite flat.

IL48's are outstanding! One of the best in any price range! They normally have pretty quick turn around of 2-3 weeks.

Just order on the website or give them a call and order if you haven't.

Here is a demo with a L48 in the bridge and L90 2.0h in the neck. The 1st switch position is all L48 by itself. Position 2-3 are combined with the L90. 4 & 5 are L90 split and full. Any SH combos on the channel are that setup.

He goes thru the positions at the start to hear some differences. At 3:19 starts some L48 bridge play on clean with some crunch added at 4:20. There may be some more splatters throughout.

Eric

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    emisilly likes this.
  3. Lou Tencodpees

Lou Tencodpees TDPRI Member

Cool, glad to hear they're still at it. I have a set of Noisefree's in one Strat, very happy with them. The guitar in question is a Warmoth Thinline build with a Kent Armstrong Stealth 90 in the neck position and currently a GFS Lil Puncher in the bridge position. It actually is a well balanced versatile guitar and the middle position has that Tele *ping*, one of my favorite sounds for rhythm. My only real complaint on the lil puncher is the sharp ends of the rails, plus idle curiosity on what the L48-TL could deliver. I've pondered a Barden but they seem hard to find individually.

eallen likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.