1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone order from EY Parts?? (Esquire pickguards??)

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Monotremata, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Monotremata

Monotremata Tele-Afflicted

Just curious if anyones ordered from EY Parts before??
    Im looking at a Mint Green Esquire pickguard thats only $7 so figured I would ask about quality and whatnot before I grabbed it. Any place else has em for around $15 and up.. Wanted an actual Fender but apparently they dont make Esquire guards in mint green..

Its a 5 holer, but Im assuming that should fit no problem on my Classic 60s Tele right?? Looks like theyre in the same place..

Hopefully gonna have the Tele Esquired by this weekend. Now to figure out how I actually want my wiring. The decisions the decisions!!!

Heres the link to the pickguard..
    http://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Amercian-Tele-ESQUIRE-pickguard-Mint-Green_p_438.html

2. BFS54

BFS54 TDPRI Member

Initial thoughts....first off it's an overseas company so shipping might be on the high side.
    Second there's no mention of how many plies it is. 3 plies look better and are generally .09ish thick. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.

3. Prison Rodeo

Prison Rodeo Tele-Meister

I have ordered 4-5 times from them, including (among other things) a white Esquire pickguard.

The Good:
    - It looks like an Esquire pickguard. Seems to fit right. No issues. In fact, all their stuff seems just fine, and as described.
    - Shipping is a little bit high, but not too bad.
    - They're very fast, friendly, and responsive. For example, I once asked if he could get "blank" tele control plates -- no holes. Within a couple months, he had them on his site, reasonably priced.

The Bad:
    - Well, you're not exactly buying American, and
    - Shipping can take quite a while -- sometimes up to 2 weeks.

But all in all, I've been pretty happy.

4. Monotremata

Ahhh ok I hadnt even bothered looking up where they were yet haha.
    Think Im gonna grab this one here.
    http://www.mlaval.com/index.php/3-ply-tele-esquire-pickguard-tortoise-brown-367.html
    I had just bookmarked one on eBay and it turned out its from this same shop. Its a buck more on ebay and both are free shipping so eh Im gonna save the buck and order direct haha.
    I know Guitar Fetish has em for the same price but man it looked like my cheapest shipping option was $7!! The cheapest UPS rate was $11 thats ridiculous just for a pickguard!!

5. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

I've ordered from EY Parts lots of times, always happy with the bang/buck.
    I've never seen anyone pack as carefully: everything in neat, separate bags, well padded and protected.
    Shipping has always been reasonably priced too.
    High shipping prices sadly have been the deal killer for a lot of US vendors for me.

Here's an EY pickguard that I got for my Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster, shipping was $8 and it included a bunch of other parts.

[​IMG]

6. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

I've also ordered from them, don't expect to recieve your order overnight... I bought a couple necks from them that were perfect Canadian Maple as well as other parts. Great prices and worth the wait...They are also very helpful and respond to emails quickly..

Ken

7. Monotremata

Hrm they cant be that bad if they can get all the holes on a Jazzmaster pickguard right! :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.