Anyone know who made this old brass bridge?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by low_fidelity2100, Oct 17, 2020 at 2:58 PM.

1. low_fidelity2100

low_fidelity2100 TDPRI Member

This was on a 79 Tele I bought earlier this year, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what exactly it is or when it's from? Who made it? Etc... any ideas?

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated, thanks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jackson753

Jackson753 Tele-Meister

I have a similar bridge. I believe Fender out sourced the work. I'll see if I can find out. IMG_20201017_200752657.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020 at 3:21 PM
  3. Jackson753

Jackson753 Tele-Meister

Kahler.

There was a helpful chap on one of my posts. 1980-81 brass bridge. Something like that. You can find it under my posts. Sorry at the moment I'm on a phone and I can't work out how to link it.

Was your Tele with a black finish?

4. low_fidelity2100

Oh yours is the 81(ish) black and gold tele bridge, I love the looks of those. Mines not as heavy duty as those, also I'm pretty sure mine isn't gold plated like those. Mine appears to be just raw brass.

But no my tele isn't Black, its blonde. But it's a refin, and based on the paint in the cavities its been refinished several times haha (chips from the pickup cavities show layers of Blue, Red, and white all caked ontop of eachother haha). Luckily it was very cheap though, so it's cool.

5. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Yep, the bridge on the Black & Gold Teles was made for Fender by Kahler.

And you are also correct that you have a different bridge. It's pretty worn down; I don't think it's a Schecter bridge as they typically had solid/cast saddles. Maybe Mighty Mite or someone else who was around in the 70s/early 80s? The grooved saddles look a lot like the saddles that G&L uses on ASAT Classics, but of course G&L uses a vintage-style steel box bridge plate (and G&L didn't come out with the ASAT Classic until circa 1988-89).

6. low_fidelity2100

Yeah its definitely very very worn haha. It actually looked much worse when I first got it. Totally corroded to the point it was almost black, just filthy. I took it off and replaced it with a normal three saddle bridge.
    But decided to clean it up and polish it up the other day. And now I'm just curious what it is. Its definitely heavy. Haha.

Someone on TGP also said most likely mighty mite, and apparently Muddy Waters had the exact same bridge on Hoss (and it was reportedly a MM bridge).
    Now I'm thinking I might need to reinstall it and give it a fair shake rather than just selling it like I'd originally planned. Haha

7. Mur

Mur Tele-Afflicted

Thats a neat looking piece of gear.

low_fidelity2100 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.