Anyone know how to reach Bruce Zinky these days?

klasher

Tele-Holic
I'm checking out a used Blue Velvet but I want to ask him about potential mods, and I also want to see if he's still available for repairs if it needs work at some point.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
I'm pretty sure Bruce is no longer building and servicing amps. The last address I have for him is

Zinky Electronics LLC
P.O. Box 3973
Flagstaff, AZ 86003

ce24

Poster Extraordinaire
Its tough when these good builders go silent. Muchxs has had an amp of mine for over two years and will not respond to inquiries.....vintage 68 non reverb Princeton I'd sure like to have back but I'm losing faith I'll ever see it again.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Well, Pennsylvania is close to some good techs……relatively speaking being that Texan understands that a few hundred miles is ‘close’. Lol….

soul-o

Friend of Leo's
FWIW, I have a Zinky combo- a blue velvet w/o the velvet, just a black one- and it’s a stellar amp. It’s really well built and just sounds killer.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
FWIW, I have a Zinky combo- a blue velvet w/o the velvet, just a black one- and it’s a stellar amp. It’s really well built and just sounds killer.

Here's my Zinky combo amp ( my late '90's Smokey) and all of the above ^^^^ is true! It's just teeny. ( great at home or travel/hotel room)

* in the late '90's Guitar Player magazine had a 'Practice Amp Roundup' - featured the $25 Smokey Amp and I jumped on it!
( bought 3 more later to give to buddies for Christmas, and a spare!)

Attachments

• 20171024_100812.jpg
    20171024_100812.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 24

blues

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I'm checking out a used Blue Velvet but I want to ask him about potential mods, and I also want to see if he's still available for repairs if it needs work at some point.

I don't know about the circuit on the Blue Velvet. The Mofo and Superfly
were fairly complicated. My friend had a Superfly. A music store had a Mofo.

The music store told me they would prefer to send the amp back to Zinky to fix if
there was an issue.

I was told at one point Bruce wanted to buy back some of his amp heads at
the end.

BTW I would not hesitate to by that used Zinky from Chris. I think he is a
stand up guy

marshman

Poster Extraordinaire
I know of a capable amp tech in southeastern PA, near West Chester if you're in the need, but no idea where Bruce is these days.

bparnell57

Poster Extraordinaire
Its tough when these good builders go silent. Muchxs has had an amp of mine for over two years and will not respond to inquiries.....vintage 68 non reverb Princeton I'd sure like to have back but I'm losing faith I'll ever see it again.
If we haven't touched base, let me know. I can get a conversation going.

RCinMempho

Friend of Leo's
I've tried tons of amps in shops over the years. I remember well trying a Blue Velvet and have regretted not buying that amp for years. I'm not sure I can say that about any other amp.