1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Anyone Know A Good Source For Fender Japan Guitars?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by castpolymer, May 8, 2013.

1. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

I have a buddy who really wants the Strat pictured below. I am guessing it will be pretty hard to come by as it is a limited run from Japan. Any leads / sources for acquiring this guitar will be very appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Ishibashi.com

3. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

+1 Ishibashi .I always use em .
    its an ST 62-SPL JGD, bass wood body though if that bothers you .

4. Capel

Capel Tele-Holic

ishibashi.co.jp

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

FWIW, I THINK Ishibashi can only sell a used one to the US. From their website:

6. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin

Check with guitargai.com. He always has nice pieces, he must have some good contacts in Japan. He might be able to source one for you. (Great name, too.) ;-) CS

7. Jupiter

I've seen at least one guy on eBay who seems to put up auctions for new MIJ Fenders with BIN of a couple hundred bucks over what they cost in shops here, and when someone buys, I think he walks into an Ishibashi or someplace, buys the thing for retail price and sends it off. Can't remember the name now, but I remember him because he came up on TDPRI one time, and his pics were just copied from Ishibashi or Fender Japan's website.

8. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

I looked on the Ishibasho page, and they said there is a shipping cost chart n the how to order page. Couldn't find it. Anyone know what they charge to ship to US east coast? Because they have like 10 guitars I want.

9. sneakyjapan

sneakyjapan Poster Extraordinaire

If that guitar above was a shop order, then chances are it will be available solely through that chain and if they don`t ship overseas then say sayonara to that idea. If it`s a limited run available to all chain stores, then you may have better luck.
    Yes, there was a lot of chatter a while ago about some expat who was posting pics of guitars lifted from several store web sites who, from what I read, is no longer welcome in many of those shops now since he posted the pics then once someone abroad bought one of "his" guitars, he purchased it and shipped it, allegedly for more money...which probably worked before so many people outside Japan started looking around the Japanese web themselves and noticed what he was doing. Probably better not mentioning his name.

10. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

Ishibashi is probably your best bet, and plenty of Americans import new guitars from them all the time (unless something has changed recently.) have fun navigating their website though :lol:

11. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Only 10?

And, yeah, I couldn't find the shipping chart, either. Shipping to Canada is what I'm after, if you find that page on their site...

12. castpolymer

He lives in Taiwan. He called them last night ( or whatever the hell time it was in Taiwan ). They had two and sold both of them. He is now talking to the Fender Custom Shop to see if they can get permission from Fender Japan to use the artwork and make him a custom Strat.

13. castpolymer

Luckily my friend speaks and reads Japanese. I actually got around it O.K, but it was damn noisy.

14. Jupiter

Wow, he wants one REAL bad, then. :lol: For what they'll up-charge, he could probably fly into Tokyo and find one himself....

15. castpolymer

Dropped him an email. He said he only deals in older Fender Japan gear. Thanks for the link, it was worth a try.

16. castpolymer

He is pretty single - minded once he decides on something. Luckily, he is a single professional living in Taiwan, so money is not much of an issue for him.

17. Alex W

Alex W Friend of Leo's

That Ishibashi Music website gets worse and worse every year. I find it nearly impossible to even browse the instruments, which is a shame because Fender Japan has a lot of very cool models. Furthermore the Yen has been declining relative to the US Dollar so the Fender Japan models are even better bargains than previously.

18. sneakyjapan

sneakyjapan Poster Extraordinaire

I only ever look at the U-Box on that site, I have no interest in buying new guitars, used only for me for a lot of years now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.