Anyone here like beer?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Davecam48, Jun 14, 2018.

1. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Yah, I have a two-beer limit. A lot of the beer I like is over 12% If I intend to stick around after that, give me coffee.

2. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I like beer.

3. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

I like it and I occasionally make it in my kitchen. I also grow hops in my side yard.

4. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's

I love a good beer..But I never drink it unless I'm alone..( or with somebody)..

drf64 likes this.
  5. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

I only ever have one.
    guinness3.jpg
    Here it comes now...

Rockdog likes this.
  6. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

I wonder if those tankers have basketball-sized nitro widgets floating around inside.

matrix likes this.
  7. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

What? Taking up space that could hold more beer? Are you crazy? :p

8. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I was never a beer drinker until I moved a few years ago and started to associate with folks who fancy themselves beer connoisseurs. I really like all kinds of beer but have a special fondness for a fresh English style brown ale. But I will sip the bitterest IPA you can stand and will likely enjoy it.

rcole_sooner likes this.
  9. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

Touché my good man.

beagle likes this.
  10. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Love beer. love guinness for dark beer. I dig the whole craft beer thing, but not a big IPA person. (no hate just not my thang) after working hard outside I love the anchor steam lager or mexican lagers... and I don't care when people sniff at it. got a local craft beer guy to make a ranch hand lager... served super cold on a hot day for sweaty cowboys who have been working hard... light on the alcohol so we can have a few of them...

As I've gotten older... my favorite fri night at the nickel drink is a titos martini shaken so you can skate on it and two olivos.. yum!

teletimetx and rcole_sooner like this.
  11. Mr Ridesglide

Mr Ridesglide Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I do like beer - Mostly however, I like making ales and sharing them with friends/family; even more than I like to drink it. Now... when we went to Belgium....... THERE I love Beer

12. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

Belgian beer. :D:D:D Me too.

Mr Ridesglide likes this.
  13. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

The thousands those kegs saved you should allow you to post some good pictures of top guitars with the beer money kept

drf64 likes this.
  14. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

I could go without beer, but I just don't see the point in that. I love most things beer. About the only beer I don't enjoy are sours. I just can't get along with them. Everything else under the sun beer related is in danger of me.

teletimetx and drf64 like this.
  15. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Lambic, you say? Yes, please. Not a favorite but nothing better to shake up the palate now and then. Tasty in small quantities, dyspeptic in excess.

screamin eagle likes this.
  16. BobbyB

BobbyB Tele-Afflicted

I love Samual Adams Boston Lager; Killians Red;and the new Budwiser George Washington Freedom Reserve

17. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Near as I can figure, my roots come from the deep end of the pool of beer loving.

Only on days that end in "y".

Not overly fussy about styles, I like variety, although I not a big fan of the semi-recent trend in complex, multiple double hopped out turpentine beers. but, hey, if you're buying...

I've been lucky enough not to over over-indulge and I don't have to have a beer every day, but man, that first one goes down quite easily. Sweet, sweet beer.

I could easily spell out my few hard liquor choices, but hey, this here is a beer thread.

Proof, that, you know, we are loved and we love the planet back. The planet gives us beer, with a little bit of work and chemistry. Gotta love the planet.

18. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

I like lambic's and framboise's, but farmhouse style sours (basically 'sick' beers) are not to my enjoyment. The craft beer capitol is San Diego county and to greater extent, Southern California. I live in So. Cal. There are lots of craft breweries around. I've tied my fare share of 'sours' and I just don't like them. Too tart.

19. BobbyB

BobbyB Tele-Afflicted

lol...the first cold one after a hot days work is like Heaven!

20. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

I like beer...it makes me a jolly good fellow. :D

Actually, in my second half century, not as much. Beer, processed meats especially turkey, and seafood--three of the four major food groups--are supposed to be huge triggers of gout attacks. I don't wish that on anyone. When I had my first gout episode, I honestly thought it was a stress fracture in my foot.

I've cut back on my beer drinking considerably in the last five years or so. My girl friend's family (not her) are all formidable beer drinkers, so it's tough at times. I do like some Crown, sangria, or a margarita now and then, but my serious beer consumption is history and I'm kinda glad. Beer is cheaper than most of the other options I mentioned though, so :oops:. Good excuse to not drink much at all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.